4mil crank & a stock crank?

Im looking for a 4mil crank & I had a guy that I new from my area, tell me that he had a used one with low hours on it. Ok, I understand a 4 mil is better but what should I look for on the crank to know that it is really a 4 mil? Do it have some type of code on it or sumthing? Im most likely gonna get a new one anyway, but just wanted to know what a real 4mil look like.

Im looking for a 4mil crank & I had a guy that I new from my area, tell me that he had a used one with low hours on it. Ok, I understand a 4 mil is better but what should I look for on the crank to know that it is really a 4 mil? Do it have some type of code on it or sumthing? Im most likely gonna get a new one anyway, but just wanted to know what a real 4mil look like.

The easiest way would be to measure from centerline of the crank to centerline of the rod pin on big end of connecting rod. Should be 29mm. X 2 gets you 58. Stock would be 27mm.

yea...Not the best place to save money unless you know and completely trust the guy. If you are gonna do it I would suggest that you go with all new internals so you know what ya got. Save money buying used Reeds, intakes, carbs, head, etc....

Brad