Stator Question

Cali

My stator went out at Pismo.M question is whats a good stator to buy?I see the Ricky stator on ebay and alos the RMStator.Anyone know if there any good?Ive heard bad about Ricky Stator in the past.

the best stator is a oem stock made in japan,ricky stator made in china"junk"

I was riding the dunes when it died all the sudden.Took back to camp and could not get any spark.I switched cdi with my dads banshee and still nothing.So I pulled the Mag off and I could see that the green wire had got snaged in the mag somehow?So I went to walmart and got a soldering iron and shrink tubing and fixed the(it was cut into) wire,After that it started right up and ran.When I would get in the pwerband it would cut out for a sec.So I rode it back to camp and it got worse.Lights were working fine,So im sure its the pick up coil.Gap was set with match book,since that all I had,But I dont think it was the gap.Do you guys think maybe the Regulator could be bad or maybe a coils?I guess I can rob parts off my dads quad to check with.Whats do you guys think could be the problem?Thanks in advance for advice.

well, it was probably shorting out on the flywheel. the ignition coil reaches high voltages with rpm's......starts in the 20s for voltak=ge when you just kick it over, and gets hindreds of volts, so the wire actually could still be arcing somewhere if you didn't get it real good. another thing could just be that the shorting could have overloaded it some. ohm it and check insulation

I was riding the dunes when it died all the sudden.Took back to camp and could not get any spark.I switched cdi with my dads banshee and still nothing.So I pulled the Mag off and I could see that the green wire had got snaged in the mag somehow?So I went to walmart and got a soldering iron and shrink tubing and fixed the(it was cut into) wire,After that it started right up and ran.When I would get in the pwerband it would cut out for a sec.So I rode it back to camp and it got worse.Lights were working fine,So im sure its the pick up coil.Gap was set with match book,since that all I had,But I dont think it was the gap.Do you guys think maybe the Regulator could be bad or maybe a coils?I guess I can rob parts off my dads quad to check with.Whats do you guys think could be the problem?Thanks in advance for advice.

It is not the voltage regulator. The regulator only controls the lighting circuit voltage, it has nothing to do with the ignition side of it. Double check ALL of your wiring.