Best polish for removing bluing

CTxBanshee

I'm thinking about buying some pipe they have no rust but have a good amount of bluing on them.. is there a polish or tip on how to cut down if not remove the bluing completely. I'm new to all this stuff so I need tips lol

Use something Called "BLUE-JOB" you find it at your local dealer, if not at the harley dealers. Its a white powder. Anyways, My rockets had alot of bluing on them, and i used blue job to get it off. If you follow their steps it will take forever. So what i came up with is, using the car polisher, i got the pad a little wet, and then put the white powder on it, the applied it to the pipe, and turned it on,then i held it in one spot for quite some time, and all of the sudden it disappeared. Here are some pics to give you an idea of what this thing does

Notice in this picture how the bluing got to the pipe hanger (all the way from the cylinder), and then it was yellow to the end of the front fender.

S8002975.jpg

BAM, these are the pipes after i used blue job on them. Notice the bluing is all gone. The pipes are mounted on my other bike in this pic, so dont think that im tricking you or something.

DSCF0399.jpg

DSCF0413.jpg

Edited by ELKARACING_SHEE

they sale it at the harley shop. you can look for retailers in your area on there site

Yea theres a harley shop one town from me. about a 20 minutes ride, Its a big place im sure they will have it there.

Pour enough white vinegar to completely cover all of your parts . The parts will begin to turn orange after approximately 15 minutes. Don't worry, the rust appearing is only from oxidation of the metals in the bluing

Remove the parts from the vinegar every 20 to 25 minutes and wipe down the oxidation. Continue to soak the parts until all bluing is removed.

Step 5

Remove the parts from the vinegar once all bluing has been removed and dispose of the vinegar.

Step 6

Rinse them under the faucet to remove any remaining vinegar.

Step 7

Dry the parts off as best as you can, and then place them on the foil-lined cookie sheet.

Step 8

Heat the oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for about 20 minutes.

Step 9

Remove the parts from the oven and let them cool.

Inspect the parts for any rust spots, and rub the entire part down with the extra fine steel wool.

Pour enough white vinegar to completely cover all of your parts . The parts will begin to turn orange after approximately 15 minutes. Don't worry, the rust appearing is only from oxidation of the metals in the bluing

Remove the parts from the vinegar every 20 to 25 minutes and wipe down the oxidation. Continue to soak the parts until all bluing is removed.

Step 5

Remove the parts from the vinegar once all bluing has been removed and dispose of the vinegar.

Step 6

Rinse them under the faucet to remove any remaining vinegar.

Step 7

Dry the parts off as best as you can, and then place them on the foil-lined cookie sheet.

Step 8

Heat the oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for about 20 minutes.

Step 9

Remove the parts from the oven and let them cool.

Inspect the parts for any rust spots, and rub the entire part down with the extra fine steel wool.

sounds a little sketchy to me I think ill just try the "blue-job" stuff.. thanks for the info though

I had a biker tell me once to spray white VHT 1800 degree engine paint inside my pipes and let it cure. This is suppose to reflect the heat. My pipes are still chrome several months later.