mix oil..

barker

this topic has most likely been beaten to death and your all most likely going to call me names and throw stones for asking this but....

what is the best oil to run in my new shee? the guy I bought it from was running Lucas 2 stroke oil. I never heard of it until I bought the bike and he gave me the jug. its apparently pretty expensive and is semi synthetic but im kind of iffy about using it. I always ran ipone in my 2 strokes and I will probably go pick some of that up on Monday but I was just wondering if there was anything that is "the best" stuff to use. My bike is relatively stock, just pipes (fmf) and reeds (boyesen) and uni filter. not sure if that makes any difference but just wondering what everyone else is using.

thanks

this topic has most likely been beaten to death and your all most likely going to call me names and throw stones for asking this but....

what is the best oil to run in my new shee? the guy I bought it from was running Lucas 2 stroke oil. I never heard of it until I bought the bike and he gave me the jug. its apparently pretty expensive and is semi synthetic but im kind of iffy about using it. I always ran ipone in my 2 strokes and I will probably go pick some of that up on Monday but I was just wondering if there was anything that is "the best" stuff to use. My bike is relatively stock, just pipes (fmf) and reeds (boyesen) and uni filter. not sure if that makes any difference but just wondering what everyone else is using.

thanks

Let me start by saying you are going to get a shit ton of different opinions on this one. I personally use Castrol 927 I've never had a problem and I like the way it smells. I wish that I knew somewhere local that I could get Klotz because alot of the guys here run and I'd like to give it a try. Good luck with the new shee.

when switching oils, would it be best to use most of the gas already in the tank before filling with new gas/oil mix of a different brand or does it really matter if they are both mixed at the same ratio. Im mixing 32:1

Yes for sure use up all old gas. And as long as that shee is broken in you could even mix at 40:1. For a little more power.