no spark please help

yukoner

i hope someone out there can help me..i have a 2003 banshee and when i was riding it last night everything was fine than it just shut off.checked for spark and had nothing.followed the yamaha manuel and i checked the ignition coil primary winding reading is in spec but secondary reads nothing.i also check the stator as per the maunel and it shows open to has anyone ever seen this and if so what if anything coudl cause a coil and stator to burn out at once????thanks for reading this

IIRC , The test procedure in the manual is incorrect. On the secondary side test the two plug wires with each other. Also coil failure is rather rare. I don't have enough knowledge to help you on the stator , but I would double check my test procedure just in case I did it wrong ( incorrect leads). Also check for broken wire in that area. In the mean time someone else may chime in . Post your results .

Edited by Larry's Shee

IIRC , The test procedure in the manual is incorrect. On the secondary side test the two plug wires with each other. Also coil failure is rather rare. I don't have enough knowledge to help you on the stator , but I would double check my test procedure just in case I did it wrong ( incorrect leads). Also check for broken wire in that area. In the mean time someone else may chime in . Post your results .

its your stator im pretty sure, i cant remember the testing procedure off the top of my head but the manual i have IS right and is the same as akheathan told me and he builds stators if your results are not spot on with the manual you need a stator. mine would test good one time then bad another. just buy the 200 watt stator off egay and toull be set, mine died the same way, riding along and all the sudden died no spark. new stator= problem solved. clymers manual dont lie