The ultimate showdown cool head vs shaved stock head

179 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I would take his opinion at face value any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

And he pretty much nailed what we've been telling you...for one, for two...I don't think he's going to agree with you on just milling off .035 and using different thickness base gaskets to achieve squish.

I do feel advice you've given in this thread, in it's own partial nature, could and would damage an engine.

He is right, for pump gas it'll work just fine taking a little off.

He flat out said they mill theirs .090 AND rework the chamber/squish band.

Which...is what we've been saying.

Again...I don't see you asking him or him backing up your statement of just taking off .035 and using different base gaskets.

I believe that would fall under his advice for higher compression motors?

Rick just stated that reducing the squish to .035" is a great idea for adding performance using the stock banshee head.

I have always said this was safe as well, however I believed race fuel was necessary when cutting this much. I was wrong and I admit it. But if someone would have taken my advice and used race fuel the worst thing that would have happened was wasting some money on fuel. No damage.

He recommends milling and rechambering when more than pump gas is to be run.

Bottom line we were both wrom=ng. You stated that dropping the squish down to .035" was unsafe and you would destroy your engine. That is false.

So please hop your ass off the little flamer bandwagon Daj. I expected more than that from you.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rick just stated that reducing the squish to .035" is a great idea for adding performance using the stock banshee head.

I have always said this was safe as well, however I believed race fuel was necessary when cutting this much. I was wrong and I admit it. But if someone would have taken my advice and used race fuel the worst thing that would have happened was wasting some money on fuel. No damage.

Bottom line we were both wrom=ng. You stated that dropping the squish down to .035" was unsafe and you would destroy your engine. That is false.

So please hop your ass off the little flamer bandwagon Daj. I expected more than that from you.

So you will believe ONE guy that has the same opinion as you, but won't believe 50 other that say another thing? Damn dude you got a screwed up way of thinking.

Hey slo... did you look over that data file.. What do the red letters mean?? unsure.gif looks to me like "possible deto and piston breakage" lol

I take his info as this.. Stock heads are fine with low compression because there is still enough meat to rechamber the head. With HC applications too much is milled off and not enough head is left to create a proper dome configuration. Just the way I took it.. I still wouldn't deck anything off the head without a rechamber. And I still say .035 is too tight and that data sheet he showed comfirms that with the MSV being too high.

So you will believe ONE guy that has the same opinion as you, but won't believe 50 other that say another thing? Damn dude you got a screwed up way of thinking.

I would believe what Rick tells me over almost any member on this forum.

You really need to stop typing.

I would believe what Rick tells me over almost any member on this forum.

You really need to stop typing.

You still don't get it. Like Fouled said, that stuff in the red on that graph doesn't look too pretty. And I'm almost an engineer so you could almost take my word to be truth :rotflmao:

Hey slo... did you look over that data file.. What do the red letters mean?? unsure.gif looks to me like "possible deto and piston breakage" lol

I take his info as this.. Stock heads are fine with low compression because there is still enough meat to rechamber the head. With HC applications too much is milled off and not enough head is left to create a proper dome configuration. Just the way I took it.. I still wouldn't deck anything off the head without a rechamber. And I still say .035 is too tight and that data sheet he showed comfirms that with the MSV being too high.

I can assure you Rick wouldn't put something together if it were going to be less than reliable.

This file is for a 370 long rod banshee engine. He has an awesome build for bottom/mid on the banshee and sells the papers for $15.

derek370LR.jpg

Edited by SLORYDER

What I stated is you can't just shave a stock head down to .035 squish and have it run.

IT WILL DESTROY THE MOTOR.

What he said is you have to rechamber the head, which I agree...

I won't run that tight of squish on my motor or any other motor for that matter unless it's a stock stroke and very short track. Still, I'd rather put more timing to it.

So...you're still wrong, you're still quoting others knowledge without your own real world knowledge and as said...read his notes on that page.

If you're so adamant about taking his knowlege as gold and not taking into account what the large majority of other posters here are telling you...why are you wasting your time here?

Please...by all means...share your first hand, extensive and lengthy knowledge with all of the members of MacDizzy's forum.

It seems like you came here to shit stir. And it's not working...you're only making yourself look bad.

I'm trying to keep this civil without name calling or personal insults...and I tried not to post here any more...

But I can only listen and read ignorance for so long.

I'm about to buy stock in Yamaha for all the heads you'll have to purchase and head gaskets to go with them to fine tune your stable of high performance bikes...

Give it up already....please.

What I stated is you can't just shave a stock head down to .035 squish and have it run.

IT WILL DESTROY THE MOTOR.

You are absolutely wrong.

I know of countless people who have shaved their stock head down .030", or even .035". And guess what that equates to around .038" to .033" squish.

Stock head milled, not rechambered.

You are absolutely wrong and I'm pretty sure everyone that is not a mindless drone can see it.

You should have quit while you were ahead.

Sure thing buddy...you're definitely ahead now.

The post/vote you put up clearly shows that, along with every other poster in here disagreeing with you.

You're so far ahead, it's like you're in your own world and your own race...

Wait...you are.

Now you're just sour because you've been repeatedly called out.

You can keep posting if you'd like and prove us all right....we've got time, and still need the laughs.

Sure thing buddy...you're definitely ahead now.

The post/vote you put up clearly shows that, along with every other poster in here disagreeing with you.

You're so far ahead, it's like you're in your own world and your own race...

Wait...you are.

Now you're just sour because you've been repeatedly called out.

You can keep posting if you'd like and prove us all right....we've got time, and still need the laughs.

Don't be upset Daj. We're all wrong sometimes.

And that poll don't mean anything when the voters are ignorant as they come.

I mean look who america voted into office....

What have I said that makes me a moron? I disagree with your 'widely accepted opinion'?

I'm being perfectly civil about this, please let me know though.

Apparently you are just looking for ANYTHING to attack.

You see some red writing on a graph that you really don't know squat about, and you try to attack it.

You're acting like a girl.

Rick is the most conservative builder I know and he would never do something to a customers engine that would cause him to doubt it reliability for one second.

Edited by SLORYDER