clutch replacement

I have to put a new clutch in the shee and need to know things to look for when replacing the clutch like groving on the clutch basket and such any advice would be much needed . My other thing is i have seen poeple not use the rubber cushions and was wondering if these are a must or not thanks hank 024.

the rubber cushion are a stock clutch item, with an after market clutch they dont use the cushions and are easier to install, as you can just install the steel plates anyway (the stock ones have to be installed staggerd 60 degrees from each other)

as you said check for scoring and wear on the basket and pressure plate.

make shaw you get a clutch cover gasket (yours might break) and while your there check your water pump impeller (might be a good time to upgrade to a billet pump )

once done make shaw you adjust your pressure plate to get the right free travel on the clutch arm through the case. (theres arrows on the case and clutch arm)

Thanks for the info just one thing how will i know if i have to stagger each steel plate or is this just the stock ones, i bought a tusk cheap clutch because it was cheap and wanted to see if it was worth a shit. Havent rode in a long time and money is really tight so hope it works