Yamaha YZ80

Sands

My brother has a Yamaha YZ80 year 1986 and he wants to improve his performance... I think it has 22hp. Can he gets about 40hp? Do you know someone who can help him?

Sorry if this thread is in the wrong place.

Regards,

Pedro

first of all your thread is horribly misplaced, overlooking that, id say the first place to start on any 80 is the exhuast. fmf makes quality stuff, so id see where you can get an fmf FATTY pipe, and fmf POWERCORE silencer, and if you cant find anything from them go to pro circuit or dg if you cant find anything else. the next thing would be the reeds. the stock reeds can already be improved on, and after almost 25 years they'le be worn, so get some boyeson reeds, power reeds, pro series, or super stock. after doing this get a new air filter, but over all things do not do these upgrades if your compression is low, a top end is much more important then going fast for a few hours and blowing up your engine.

first of all your thread is horribly misplaced, overlooking that, id say the first place to start on any 80 is the exhuast. fmf makes quality stuff, so id see where you can get an fmf FATTY pipe, and fmf POWERCORE silencer, and if you cant find anything from them go to pro circuit or dg if you cant find anything else. the next thing would be the reeds. the stock reeds can already be improved on, and after almost 25 years they'le be worn, so get some boyeson reeds, power reeds, pro series, or super stock. after doing this get a new air filter, but over all things do not do these upgrades if your compression is low, a top end is much more important then going fast for a few hours and blowing up your engine.

Maybe misplaced, but the this engine will not be fit on original frame. My brother wants to use it on a drag bike and that is the reason to open it in this sub forum.

His ideia is to fit another cylinder from Polini ( Italy ) using a piston with 54mm, but I think that it's not such a good ideia.

If someone port the original cylinder, change reeds, a better carb and a good exhaust, I think it can hit about 35-40hp. Am I wrong?

believe me it doesnt take much to make an 80 go fast, my friends 1987 cr80 has a fresh motor with an fmf fatty pipe and fmf powercore silencer with a v force 3 reed block, and it out accelerates 125 race bikes. the idea about the polini cylinder is stupid and wont work, if youre going down the road of engine work, just get your cyilinder bored out with a weisco pro lite piston, and youd be surprised.

believe me it doesnt take much to make an 80 go fast, my friends 1987 cr80 has a fresh motor with an fmf fatty pipe and fmf powercore silencer with a v force 3 reed block, and it out accelerates 125 race bikes. the idea about the polini cylinder is stupid and wont work, if youre going down the road of engine work, just get your cyilinder bored out with a weisco pro lite piston, and youd be surprised.

To get the power he wants, i believe he will need more than a new piston, exhaust and reeds... Does anyone knows somebody to put this YZ80 in the top?

How long you running?Porting is a must you best beleive everyone else is!Drag pipe,bigger carb,tranny,clutch.My buddy has had alot of luck with turbo marks on the crank to throw fuel,reeds,mill the shit out of the head.What class are you looking to get into.You need to call a site sponsor send them the motor have it degreed to see how far you can go,have it ported for all out drag if thats whats going on.I dont see why 40hp is not obtainable with the rite cash flow