34mm Lectrons

GrMeyer

True Dat Andy.

They redid their WHOLE website, it used to look like a 5th grader did it.

Now it looks VERY nice.

It says they're out of Lorena, TX.

I know they did something out of MI at one time or another.

I still think it's BS that ONLY Packard and FBG are distributors.

That's like saying you can only go to two Ford Dealers in the country if you want to buy an F150.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Ok so I got the carbs on and the needles in. Needles 4-2. Started at 51.8 with 1 turn in. Sounded lean so turned 1 more turn richer. Found out that both floats need to be adj. One of the bowls are slightly leaking around the gasket.

Probs - Ideals fine, then it will jump up about another 500rpm for about 10secs and then idle just fine for about a min. then repeat. Can snap the throttle and it takes about 5 secs to come back down to idle. Im not running a cross over. Fresh gaskets on the intake side from jugs back to manifolds. Boots look good. Wondering if having one bowl filled all the way and the other about 3/4 will have and effect on this. From what I can tell is that the bike sounds 10x better then the stock carbs. Not starving for air anymore. Will not be able to ride it till this weekend; I have to move the 5th wheel out of the way.

So this weekend will be getting the floats set to the right heights. Fixing the gasket leak. And fine tuning in the cable/carbs.

• 2 weeks later...

you ever get it tuned?

Matter of fact. I just washed the Toy Hauler. So now I have room to get it out and run it up and down the street a few times. Just waiting for this evening to run it because its 95deg out side right now. But not this coming weekend but the next, ill have it out at Glamis to see how much of a real difference the carbs will make.

OK so I just writing that gave me a bug to go out and ride it. Much much better. Bottom and Mid seem to be right on. I have my PJ's 1 turn open and seemed to be rich on top. Went to turn them in 1/4 of a turn and I saw a cop out the corner of my eye driving down the other street. So just jumped back on and came straight home. But it will pick up the front end with ease from just a quick stab of the throttle. Man I am so happy I took the risk in trying these carbs. From the time I have spent with them. They are much easier to mess with then having to pull or tilt a carb to have to rejet. Nothing better then just pulling three screws. Turning the rod in or out. Then checking to see if both rods are equal. I would have to say that I just shaved about 5-10mins just in jetting. No more having to look and see if I have the right jets ready to be put in.

Thanks for all the help everyone.:cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

Never mind. Had a cracked spark plug. Thanks assholes that like to throw parts around and then sell them! All I can say is the lectron is very easy to tune in. 1/4 turn in or out and done. Thanks again guys for the help on the carbs. Now just working on the rhino on putting a new axle in. Not fun when its all sand and a light wind.

Never mind. Had a cracked spark plug. Thanks assholes that like to throw parts around and then sell them! All I can say is the lectron is very easy to tune in. 1/4 turn in or out and done. Thanks again guys for the help on the carbs. Now just working on the rhino on putting a new axle in. Not fun when its all sand and a light wind.

i take it, this comes from some shout convos? :confused:

Ok so new prob. Tried new plugs after my last prob. Well things ran great till i got to some big dunes. I would be in the power band and soon as I would hit the dune. About 1/4 up the hill it would bog out. Came back to camp and lowered the float bowl. Thought that there was just too much fuel in the bowl. Well, NOPE. Still have a bog. Went and tuned in the needle from idle to about 1/2 throttle. Anything after 1/2 it would just bog out. The PJ was closed. Tired it from 1/4 all the way to fully open. Only got worst at the Pj got bigger. Im lost. Kind of want to trouble shoot before I call Dennis back and see if my needle is to big. But what gets me is the Hills. Could it have been that the hills where flooding out the bowls?

how does it run in 5th-6th not climbing? i know mine takes the 3-0 needle, but they are 30's, not 34's. could be plausible to need a 4-1. on the other hand, if it's something that happened on the 2nd day of ridding, it could be as simple as a dusted filter. i know mine has only done that with a soaked outterware, but cleared up after drying out some......