Pick your reeds wisely...

I wanted to get as much as i could out of what i had.... I had a set of ported stock reed cages, and figured they would work good on my stock cylinder drag Banshee...

So, I got a set of Boyesen Pro Series Reeds.... Turns out they DO NOT work with ported reed cages...

SANY3172.jpg

$90 reeds gone... Scarred cylinder wall... and extensive cleanup of reed breakage....

Won't do that again...

wonder what went wrong... as i ran them on my cub wit no issues and matt runs them on his too... cages over ported?

DiSkOe*1

They are fully ported out... which after looking it over, that type of reed was a bad choice from the start....

They are so ported they dont even have the middle reed support... so the only option is to run full reeds with these cages...

first off- what the hell you doin payin $90 for $60 reeds? but really, those cages should have been installed where they belong- the trash. even with the stiffest solid pedal, it would still flex in the middle and loose power at the minimum.