rebuild trouble now no spark please help

ok so i got this 2001 banshee my first ATV for a trade on an old dirt bike from a family member i never rode knowing that it needed a rebuild hey ran rocket fuel in i and melted a piston and a rod to he crank he had Nakamura rebuild so i had i bored to size and bought a new crank off ebay for it put it all back together and now i have no spark im an industrial mechanic but am at a loss at what to do now things i have checked

resistance checks on

stator

plug wires

ignition coil

stator clearance set a 15 thousandths

pick up coil

i got all of my reading of what the should be from this site http://www.dfn.com/benkaren/elecfaq.html

i also brought new plugs for it today but still nothing

only thing im not sure how to test is the cdi but i wouldn't think it would be that being that it ran before any ideas would be greatly appreciated

dont bother cleaning the caps you can get them cheep at most bike dealers just take one with you and tell the parts guy u need 2.

dont just go in and ask for banshee ones he might tell you that he dont have them, but most bikes are the same

dont bother cleaning the caps you can get them cheep at most bike dealers just take one with you and tell the parts guy u need 2.

dont just go in and ask for banshee ones he might tell you that he dont have them, but most bikes are the same

ok thanks cleaning them was a bust anyway

what is correct for the stator

HE means the flywheel,if u go over 59 foot pounds the bike wouldnt start ,but if u hit 59 foot pounds the bike would fire right up

we swapped coils and cdi's aswill between his shee and his sons shee checked air gap like a billion times everything was perfect,couldnt fire it up ,but i geuss when he retorqued the flywheel to exact 59 foot pounds the bike fired right up

Edited by PORTED SHEE
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...