Polishing Aluminum Wheels

I've been polishing the shit out of my douglas wheels and just don't see the results I'm lookinn for. I've been using a powerball and mothers aluminum polish....Is there a polish that you guys recommend over mothers?? I don't see an increase in "shinyness" with the mothers, they just stay the same after polishing over and over.

Maybe I'm just being too picky. My friend used Heavy Metal brand on his and they look like a mirror, maybe I should try some of that.... banghead

Thanks -Zach B

Thats the problem, your using mothers and a power ball :D

How bad are the wheels.? Were they already polished from before?

I get most my stuff from caswell

http://www.caswellplating.com/buffs/index.html

If you grab some brown and white compounds in stick form you will see results.

Im sure you could get some at some local place if your near a big center though.

Do you have a die grinder and angle grinder? They work well also, so much to choose from really.

Grab a small spiral sewn cotton wheel and maybe a couple lil small guys to get into the tight spots for the die grinder.

Heat is your friend with polishing.

Thats the problem, your using mothers and a power ball :D

How bad are the wheels.? Were they already polished from before?

I get most my stuff from caswell

http://www.caswellplating.com/buffs/index.html

If you grab some brown and white compounds in stick form you will see results.

Im sure you could get some at some local place if your near a big center though.

Do you have a die grinder and angle grinder? They work well also, so much to choose from really.

Grab a small spiral sewn cotton wheel and maybe a couple lil small guys to get into the tight spots for the die grinder.

Heat is your friend with polishing.

The wheels are only one year old and are in really good shape, maybe only 20 hours on them in the sand. Yeah they came polished, douglas .125

I don't have a grinder or any tools like that, but thats good to know the powerball doesn't work...I've been wasting my time it sound like.

The wheels are only one year old and are in really good shape, maybe only 20 hours on them in the sand. Yeah they came polished, douglas .125

I don't have a grinder or any tools like that, but thats good to know the powerball doesn't work...I've been wasting my time it sound like.

I did the same thing on my rims. Mine were the stock gold rims. I found out the hard way, sanding off all the gold. After it was done I found there were much easier ways to go about it. But back to the topic.... I wet sanded all the rims and used mothers as well. There are pics in my sig if you want to see how they turned out. It was all done by hand no tools. Are you wet sanding and what grit paper are you useing? You need to do it in steps.

I did the same thing on my rims. Mine were the stock gold rims. I found out the hard way, sanding off all the gold. After it was done I found there were much easier ways to go about it.

LOL ^^^^^^^^

it's important to take time when your doing the steps in sanding and polishing. The products that savage recommended are really good. I used that shit on my Dad's Rail, shit comes out way better than mothers. It has the cutting and polishing compounds, good shit.

Yeah I haven't touched sand paper to them at all....Sounds like I need to get a better poilshing product and some differant tools.

I've been considering powder coating my wheels black, or just buying some g-force wheels that come black...that way I dont have to worry about any up-keep on wheels, plus it would match my specialedition colors. I do like bling bling though

Yeah I haven't touched sand paper to them at all....Sounds like I need to get a better poilshing product and some differant tools.

I've been considering powder coating my wheels black, or just buying some g-force wheels that come black...that way I dont have to worry about any up-keep on wheels, plus it would match my specialedition colors. I do like bling bling though

Yeah I would polish them. I think it looks way better. If your rims aren't all beat up then just take some 1500 gritt wet sand paper to them. It will take alittle while but in the end it will be well worth it. If you want just do it on a small peice to start with. Take and sand the same spot for like 5min and throw some polish on it real quick a you you see what they will look like.

• 2 months later...