Overheating

wr02

I'm overheating a little when running lower rpms while trail riding. I rejetted and went from a 280 main to 300. It seems to be better but it still starts to boil coolant on a longer ride. What would be best to get my temps down? An oversize radiator, impeller? What brands? Thanks

Main jets will only effect your 3/4 to WOT. My guess your jetting is off down low.

Here are some things you can do

1. I change my coolant from 50/50 to a 75water/25coolant mix.

2. If you look at the front of the bike and look at the rad. You will see gaps on both sides. I used window seal trim to help keep air from going around the rad.

3. Get a cool head if you dont already have one.

4. The banshee wasnt made to go slow. So keeping up speed to keep air going through the rad. So if this means you need to back off and then speed up to your friends then do so. Thats how I had to ride when I lived in Ky and Tn

5. Making sure your jetting is always spot on.

Thanks for your help. I am pretty new to banshee's. I will try your idea for the weatherstrip and less coolant. What should I try for jetting? The needle clip is in the middle. Should I move that some or would I need to look at a different pilot jet?

Craig, I think your jetting almost spot on or maybe one size too large in the mains. Something you should spend money on before you spend alot on a aftermarket radiator is some Engine Ice Coolant. I've heard people have huge temp drops with that stuff......... Your bike ran awesome last weekend besides the coolant problem....lets ride again soon man :bolt:

do not run strait coolant without some sort of chemical in there. chances are, there has been some conventional coolant left in there for more than 2-3 years and insulated the surfaces with varnish. glycol, although not the most efficient, aides heat transfer, dex-cool works 10x better, and water wetter/engine ice are formulated just for optimum heat transfer, but do not work good for freezing temps. start with a flush if you see some buildup in there, by removing the pump cover, then go with a good coolant @60/40-70/30. a billet impellar is an awesome upgrade for cooling, and reliability. i suggest a mull press-on