Need help on banshee build

Kevin

I have an 03 LE banshee the only mods I have so far is fmf fatty headers and turbocore? mufflers . I just got the bike a few weeks ago and it runs good but Im looking for more. I would like to get about 70-80hp out of the bike what would be the best way to do it? Now take into account Im not rich Im just a coal miner LOL. I was thinking maybe a stroker or a big bore kit from vitos? How much hp will the carbs handle before needing replaced? I do mostly trail riding with some WOT riding. Any info would help out alot........by the way nice site!

if you mainly just do trail riding you dont need 70-80hp.

two good trail options:

1) just keep the bore and stroke stock, get a nice trail port, mill head or cool head, +4 timing, little bigger carbs

2) +4 stroke, +5 rods, trail port for 4mil, mill/cool head, +4 timing, bigger carbs

you can change the pipes with either build, just depends on the porting and what the porter recommends.

Weres a good place I can send my cly to so I can get them ported? If I went with a cool head what soze domes would I need? thanks

Look up F.A.S.T. on here in the sponsor section. I have no personal experience with them, but everyone on here raves about them. I got a modquad coolhead with 18cc domes, and on the trails its a little much at times. If you ride some pretty tight stuff I would go with 20/22/23 domes.

I had my porting done by HJR and am very happy with it. I have never heard anything bad about any of the site sponcers when it come's to porting. If you plan on putting a 4mill in it in the future I would hold off on the porting untill your ready for the 4mill.

Call one of the sponcers and talk to them about the type of riding you do and they will help you with the rite port for you. As far as what dome size that depends on what compression and fuel you want to run. Im have 18cc and run 110 octain fuel.

Ok this is what Ive come up with ......Let me know what you think

FAST woods port

vforce 3 reeds

-.35 milled head..stock

Vitos super stock piston kit.............Will this work with the porting?

TORS Elm. kit................maybe some bigger carbs

I dont know if my bike has been bored or not or whens the last time its been rebuild but gonna have it bored.

Any think else?

Do yourself a favor and stay away from the degree key and get the whole adjustable timing plate. Them keys are weak and will break and its a bitch to get the fly wheel off when this happens take my word on this I've been there and done that. And also stay away from them pistons just call Jeff @ FAST he'll hook you up with everything you'll need. His work is awesome and his prices are great I just got my shee together and he did a dune play port and wow thats all I got to say definitely more then enough for the woods. For sure you want to do the tors elim. kit I would also go for a cool head instead of shaving yours, You can pick a used one up pretty cheap. V forces are great its what I got but some of the guys on here swear by the boysen reeds. I'm sure some more people will chime in.