4mil cub

Been looking into doing a 4mil setup and fount a good deal on a new cub cylinders gaskets pistons and the 4mil crank from hotrods. What I'm wondering is if anyone has used this setup and how it was as well as if you can still ride trails or if this will be a straight drag bike. I don't need to have them ported if it will be too much for trails but would like to. Any info would be great.

Been looking into doing a 4mil setup and fount a good deal on a new cub cylinders gaskets pistons and the 4mil crank from hotrods. What I'm wondering is if anyone has used this setup and how it was as well as if you can still ride trails or if this will be a straight drag bike. I don't need to have them ported if it will be too much for trails but would like to. Any info would be great.

......you could still trail ride it..just need to set it up for that. t-5s or fmf's..lower compression. less timing. some 30 or 33pwks. would make a real fun motor. jus my opinion

......you could still trail ride it..just need to set it up for that. t-5s or fmf's..lower compression. less timing. some 30 or 33pwks. would make a real fun motor. jus my opinion

Yeah I'm already running fmfs and a cool head will be going on it with probably 20 or 21cc domes... Whatever it takes to run pump gas. And that was another? I had... With running the cub setup do you still need to use blaster domes on the 4 mil crank. I would guess you would but just wondering if that right.

Stick with what you have for a trail bike. The cub motor shines on the top end. De-Tuning a cub motor for trail use will leave you with a big motor that doesn't really work well for the way you want to use it. Sure guys are going to say they rode one and it's great. Don't believe it's all they say it is. What it will be is a bike with no bottom end that when it does hit it's sweet spot in the rpm, will be like a light switch. A 370 long rod motor would be one of the ideal set-ups. Cubs should just come with a +6 arm to start with as standard equipment. I have 2 guys in our ride group who built unported 421 cubs. One ran Toomey T-5's and one ran Vito's Fat bastards. Didn't matter what gear they were in...it was either a bad bog..or tires spinning wildly. Cubs are great for sand or pavement. I've got a 472 4mill cheetah for the sand and a D+M 370 Long Rod for the Trails. There is a nice used 370 kit for sale on Ebay right now.....

Stick with what you have for a trail bike. The cub motor shines on the top end. De-Tuning a cub motor for trail use will leave you with a big motor that doesn't really work well for the way you want to use it. Sure guys are going to say they rode one and it's great. Don't believe it's all they say it is. What it will be is a bike with no bottom end that when it does hit it's sweet spot in the rpm, will be like a light switch. A 370 long rod motor would be one of the ideal set-ups. Cubs should just come with a +6 arm to start with as standard equipment. I have 2 guys in our ride group who built unported 421 cubs. One ran Toomey T-5's and one ran Vito's Fat bastards. Didn't matter what gear they were in...it was either a bad bog..or tires spinning wildly. Cubs are great for sand or pavement. I've got a 472 4mill cheetah for the sand and a D+M 370 Long Rod for the Trails. There is a nice used 370 kit for sale on Ebay right now.....

Thanks for the info... I was already kinda leaning toward the 4mil stock cylinder setup. I just seen the cub kit for a decent price and was wondering how it compared. What is that 370 kit listed under on eBay? I just tried looking and alot comes up.

I agree with John. There's no reason to detune a cub. I like bikes with play ported cyls or even stock un ported cyls with a 4 mil crank for trails. Cubs just bogg and then hit real hard and its annoying trying to ride creeks , hills etc.