power valve 421

yamaha11

anyone ever run a pv 421. i have a 421 now but im interested in a pv one anyone have any experciance with one.

Well mine was a 521 (10 mill) and I really liked it.

The main difference is that pv bikes are so much more effortless to ride.

Mine was geared for 100mph and I could launch it in 3rd. Going up big dunes was child's play due to the fact that you could go without having to worry about what gear you're in or slipping the clutch and having these sudden jolts of power.

That said the non pv version is just as fast and probly more fun in the short term because of the explosive powerband.

PV motor pulls hard from almost any rpm with the top end of a cub.

I would not hesitate to build another one if my funds were taller.

Oh and mine had trinity pipes and 35mm carbs. Would like to have done 39's and cpi pipes

i just built my 421 cheetah 35pwks, SB cpi inframes , and my buddy has a 535 10mil cheetah, 39pwk's, BB cpi inframes. Both machines are animals but to build a "cheap" pv'ed motor get a 421, use a long rod 4mil crank and blaster 573 series pistons. Make a really well rounded machine, just keep those powervalves clean and it will keep you happy.

• 2 weeks later...

they are sweet. if you can afford the top end.. not sure why they are soooo much more than a cub.. part to part there is about 700-900+ bucks there for profit i 'd imagine..

i have a 485 and a 535 pv motor love them..

they are sweet. if you can afford the top end.. not sure why they are soooo much more than a cub.. part to part there is about 700-900+ bucks there for profit i 'd imagine..

i have a 485 and a 535 pv motor love them..

I think it's the powervalves that are like 250 apiece. Plus the "special head"

Hech I think trinity charges 330 for the pistons. Thake all that away and you are near cub territory

the billet valves shouldnt cost 500 bucks..

the head is CAST and shouldnt cost that much either... its a price gouge compared to a cub.

a ct 350cc honda cylinder with pv and head is around 1000 bucks or less..

Edited by camatv