stock silencers on aftermarket pipes

Has anyone fabricated a set of OEM silencers to connect up to a aftermarket pipe ? This is done in the snowmobile world all the time and there even now making kits to dump twin pipes into a stock silencer that was designed only for a single pipe originally.

Reason I ask is because I hope to be soon moving and my new place may have up to 3 acres of "back yard" to ride around on with my kid on her 90cc youth quad. I just don't wanna piss off any of my neighbors.

I am ok with the fact that I might lose a few hp vs running the silencers provided by the aftermarket pipe manufacturer, I got enough hp that I can sacrifice a little. But is there any known issues with heat re-tension or restricted flow ?

I just wanna keep it as quiet as possible.

Any in site appreciated.

I hooked mine up to my cpi inframes. Just cut them from where they meet the pipe and used a 4 inch piece of high heat silicone hose. I throw them on when I Cruz the mtns.

Thx for the reply, was thinking I might be the only one who ever thought of something as asinine as this.

Did you notice any loss in power ?

Did it still sound stock ?

F&F