need help with crank

There is a lot to getting a crank true. You need to get all the clearances correct, you must get the pins 180 degrees apart, AND then you need to get the thing to spin true without wobble. THEN you need to TIG weld it with VERY little filler rod so you dont upset the balance of the assembly. It is next to impossible to tell you how to do this step by step, but somebody that has done a couple of thousand will make it look like a simple process. I watched Twister do the one that is currently in my bike and Louie made it look easy, but I would NEVER attempt it myself even though I have most of the stuff you need(except the special jigs you need to support the crank while pressing it) to do it and I have over 25 years of mechanical expierence.

hey let us know the shop and school that taught/employs u how to weld, cuz GOD DAMN

shutup you, lol

seriously, though, they are right that it is a big bluprining process, that you need to get just right bu pressing it into place, then welding it just right, which isn't just one of those things you can "wing" or even get right on the first try, even with someone teaching you most likely......i'm sure i can fab the jigs and get mine done, but it would be a huge ordeal, and then i don't know if they will come out right, so i'm sending them out to get done by an experienced pro

it def seem simple just to weld in a pin and it is . but to get the crank true and have everything in order is def a whole other story. you will end causing major damage and repair bills by trying to save time and money. certain thisng should just be left to the pro's.

thanx to everyone with tips and good advise i dint know much about it just read on another post a guys 110 wernt powerfull enuff i dint know if a 480 volt was i figured a cheap easy mod but now i now and to the smart ass dick go fuck yourself come to maine and run your cock suck