leaking radiator fluid

damoz

i checked and they safe from the exhaust pretty sure the lines arnt crossed since i havnt touched them and it was running normal for a long time before this.....do you have to drain the oil out off the crank case to find out or can you just use the dipstik???? because i used the dipstick and there was no sign of fluid in there...and there is no puddles of fluid it is just vanishing

another thing would be a head leak, this causes coolant to leak in your cylinders thus burning it while running, do you have white smoke not the typical blue 2 stroke smoke? also to rule out overflow bottle leak, empty the overflow bottle and leave the radaitor full watch to see how low you radiator gets, if your radiator does not get low there is something with hose routing or a hole in the overflow bottle. also are you riding hills or on a flate surface?

yes, i was thinking the same thing....evcept, leave both full and just leave the radiator cap off too see where it's going. if the rad. drains, then remove the plugs and hold a paper towel up and see if coolant spits out while you kick it over. if you run it a bit with cooant in the oil, it will milk up, otherwise, you have to pull the plug and see if coolant comes out, as it will be at the bottom.

pull the hole coolant system out, all 5 hose's, radiator, and over flow bottle and inspect, other than that you have a leak some where in the motor easy fix just a impeller seal or a head gasket, but if your not seeing it on the ground your either burning it or it leaking in you crankcase. If it was me I'd just replace the heaad gasket and the impeller seal and go from there.