my bike ran good UNTIL....

x2... Your jetting is way too much for the mods you have.... And that will kill it in a heartbeat...... You answered your own question by showing your before jetting and after jetting and the performance difference..... THe V-force dont require more jetting, and putting tors delete on dont require more jetting...... and make sure you have your needles on the middle clip........ OR where they were on your original carbs........ I would say 280 to 300 on your mains....... (Just an fyi, when i had my bike dynoed, being one step to rich,cost me 3.2hp) So you can imagine, what bein 2or3sizes to big on jets would do.......

sounds like I will give it a shot then on the jets that everyone recommended.

I know my jetting is off, but on my old setup, it was 25 pilot and 320 mains, ran good, this bike dont like it, exact setup. I will go with 27.5 pilots and 300 mains, with pods, see what happens....

update,

free rev off idle bog cured....

installed 27.5 and airscrews are out 1 turn,all in was ok, but had to idle up, 1.5 out has slight bog on free rev..1 turn out works good...

installed 300 mains, have not tried it yet, raining here in michigan so all I do is spin in the yard so no way to test yet.

mods installed...

VF3

KN pods

+4 timing

no tors

billet magnum clutch basket and fast clutch

are my mains too small? 300 and 27.5 seems to run good but wont know for certain until I am able to get out and hammer on it, check some plugs and so on....I may go back up to 320 but I ride in 60+ weather

update,

free rev off idle bog cured....

installed 27.5 and airscrews are out 1 turn,all in was ok, but had to idle up, 1.5 out has slight bog on free rev..1 turn out works good...

installed 300 mains, have not tried it yet, raining here in michigan so all I do is spin in the yard so no way to test yet.

mods installed...

VF3

KN pods

+4 timing

no tors

billet magnum clutch basket and fast clutch

are my mains too small? 300 and 27.5 seems to run good but wont know for certain until I am able to get out and hammer on it, check some plugs and so on....I may go back up to 320 but I ride in 60+ weather

someone correct me if im wrong but the warmer the air the less u need on the main jet i think .i would try a 310 if the 300 is not enough or vise versa jump one size at a time

someone correct me if im wrong but the warmer the air the less u need on the main jet i think .i would try a 310 if the 300 is not enough or vise versa jump one size at a time

yes, correct, which is why I went with 300, since it will be 30 degrees warmer when I ride...it gets cold at night but not that bad, 55 or so,but daytime is between 60 and 80, warmer sometimes, but about that range....

yes, correct, which is why I went with 300, since it will be 30 degrees warmer when I ride...it gets cold at night but not that bad, 55 or so,but daytime is between 60 and 80, warmer sometimes, but about that range....

im in the nasty so not to far from you im at 310,27.5, middle clip on needle,1 3/4 turns out airscrew with basically the same set up besides i have fattys and stock reeds

350's are way to big.... im running pro circuit pipes, bouysen power reeds, +4 timing, k&n with proflow no lid, and cool head with 20cc domes and my jetting is 280- 290 depending on temp.. so i would start dropping sizes and see if it improves :headbang:

yah, well, i ended up 340-360 mains with stock carbs.......pro-circuit platinums, boysen power reeds, k&n pro-flow, no lid, 20cc domes, and +5.5......sometimes pc's are fuel hungry, and sometimes not. that is why this particular pipe has no "mine is xxx, so you should start there" i have seen it several times, and even went through the second-guessing myself. my suggestion- start with the 300 and keep going up untill you get a wot sputter warmmed up and drop back down. the needle should be about the same, and the pilot sounds like you are gettin close. next, swap the reeds back to rule those out, and make sure there's no airleaks. if that doesn't make the difference, then it's time to completely tear down the carbs, right down to the airjets and emultion tubes, and compare to your old carbs.

im in the nasty so not to far from you im at 310,27.5, middle clip on needle,1 3/4 turns out airscrew with basically the same set up besides i have fattys and stock reeds

Its supposed to be in the mid 70s this weekend, it'll be a good time to test ride at regular temps.

Yesterday's weather sucked ass...just rainy and cold all day. At least MSU pulled off the upset in NCAA basketball, that's about all we had to look forward to yesterday.

Free reving the bike isn't going to tell you too much as far as needle clip position and main jet size. There's no load on the motor. I'd say use the 320s to start, they'll be safely rich with a stock airbox.

Spinning the tires isn't putting a good load on the motor either. Get 3 or 4 sets of spark plugs and get ready for a few rips this weekend!