TrailTech - Vapor

Any of you guys ever mount a "Vapor" made by Trail Tech on your Shee? It's about the size of a small GPS, mounts on the handle bars.

It gives you engine temp, RPM, Speed, Top Speed ever hit, odometer, hour meter, trip meter, ambient air temp, etc - bunch of shit.....

I looked them up and they run over 180$ ?? I happen to come accross one the other day brand new still in the box sealed for 30$ so I bought it - figured I couldnt really go wrong for that price.

Never seen much about them on here though is what makes me wonder............is the install worth the time or am I just going to end up drinking beer in the garage taking the thing off in a few weeks?

Any of you guys ever mount a "Vapor" made by Trail Tech on your Shee? It's about the size of a small GPS, mounts on the handle bars.

It gives you engine temp, RPM, Speed, Top Speed ever hit, odometer, hour meter, trip meter, ambient air temp, etc - bunch of shit.....

I looked them up and they run over 180$ ?? I happen to come accross one the other day brand new still in the box sealed for 30$ so I bought it - figured I couldnt really go wrong for that price.

Never seen much about them on here though is what makes me wonder............is the install worth the time or am I just going to end up drinking beer in the garage taking the thing off in a few weeks?

yeah, you can buy them for $100 on ebay all day long. $30 is still a killer deal. theres plenty of info about them on here. just gotta look for it using the handy dandy search tool. :D

Mine worked great, but a few guys have had problems with the tach or the unit resetting at high revs.

Make sure you run resistor plugs.

I mounted mine on the bar pad and just hooked up a 9v battery to it.

Take it easy when installing the speedo sensor magnet as there have been posts about guys breaking them while installing.

I just mounted mine in this thread. http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=128472

I posted in this thread the problems I had when I did mine 2 years ago and I was using BR8ES plugs the whole time.Also, when you are tearing the dunes up, it is difficult to read the tach and your eyes should really be on your surroundings- that is the reason I am using the Vector, it is the same thing as the Vapor without the tach and the resetting problems.