J arms or A arms

I need to replace my ball joints on my stock j arms. I believe you have to replace the whole j arm, you cant just replace the ball joints right. I have a set of A-arms what are the thoughts on a rms or j arms. I would be doing mostly trail riding. Any one know of a step by step manual on this. Thanks...............

I need to replace my ball joints on my stock j arms. I believe you have to replace the whole j arm, you cant just replace the ball joints right. I have a set of A-arms what are the thoughts on a rms or j arms. I would be doing mostly trail riding. Any one know of a step by step manual on this. Thanks...............

IF U HAVE A J-ARM FRAME U WONT BE ABLE TO PUT A-ARMS ON IT UNLESS YOU CAN SOME HOW MANAGE TO DO UR ON FRABRICATION ON UR FRAME

At one time there was a thread on doing this. You have to cut off the rear tab for the J arm, weld in a new up & down tube for the A arm rear mount and mount it up. There are kits available to do this, Google it. But why go to all that work, there are aftermarket J arms available that are stronger than the stock A arm setup and they have replaceable ball joints so the next time they wear out you can just buy ball joints instead of A arms. Or, if you really have to have A arms, just buy a bare frame for a couple of hundred bucks.

At one time there was a thread on doing this. You have to cut off the rear tab for the J arm, weld in a new up & down tube for the A arm rear mount and mount it up. There are kits available to do this, Google it. But why go to all that work, there are aftermarket J arms available that are stronger than the stock A arm setup and they have replaceable ball joints so the next time they wear out you can just buy ball joints instead of A arms. Or, if you really have to have A arms, just buy a bare frame for a couple of hundred bucks.

yeah, im not set on j or a arms. Its just the ball joints on my stock ones are worn out and i got a set of a arms w the quad. so im trying to decide on if i wanna make the modifications to put the a arms on the stock j arm frame or find a set of j arms w good ball joints and boots.

I have stock J-arms off an 89 in decent shape. Balljoints are perfect. You have any aftermarket you can trade towards em?

I do not have any aftermarket for trade. Just bought this 89 earlier this week and its my first banshee so im short in the parts dept. Are you still willing to get rid of them for cash money.

I wasn't really looking for cash as I was going to keep them on the shelf as back-ups... but I might consider it. How much were you thinking

Honestly i dont know what a fair offer would be. I'm not sure what they go for. I had a guy wanting to sell me a set of a arms for $40 which seemed like a really good deal to me but i don't think i want to do the a arm conversion just yet. Do you still run the j set up

Nothing against you but for $40 I think I will just keep them as back-ups. You never know if ill wreck or something.

Yeah I still have the J set up. I didn't want to do the conversion because I like things original and didn't want to hack at a perfectly good and straight J-arm frame. Plus the J-arm banshee's are 14lbs lighter.

I bought +2 +1 Gibson/Lonestar J-arms from a member on this site.

25557_106204636066606_100000312096372_136390_2082240_n.jpg