DMC 916's for trade

Bansheeb0y5505

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, well I made up my mind, I want the SST's.

Only problem is, I have NO money for shipping. Only reason I was willing to trade with runDMC (Indianapolis) was because he was willing to pay for his AND my shipping.

So I really don't know how we're going to do this.

• 3 weeks later...

I know how the Fatty's are.. the other banshee in the family has them. In my opinion, after riding mine with the DMC's so long, the Fatty's top out fairly early and don't scream nearly as much. More of a bottom-mid with some over-rev in my opinion. The DMC's don't come on till late and will rev out forever.

I was looking at SST's because I want something with similar top end to mine, (maybe a hair less) with low-mid similar to the fatty.

thats exactly what the sst's dont do... they just quit pulling... they pull hard but then just stop, they are kinda gay, i wanted to light them on fire after i used them lol, fattys are a solid pipe, im just lookin for a different set of pipes i do alot of road running so i dont need tons of toque

Totally disagree with everything ^ this guy said. The ssts come on very low in the rpm range, since i dont have a tach my guess would be somewhere around 4-4500 rpms and they pull hard right through i would say 9000rpms. Very nice pipe, my buddy has T5s on his and with similar setups (mine had Vf2s and reed spacers but other wise the same) I would pull on him at the gate and keep pulling on him through 3rd gear. Id maintain my distance but not pull any further and neither was he. Even on the road flat out the T5s wind up just a bit more but his bike will not pull past mine with the ssts.

Yeah plus I read on an ATV site a professional review of them, and it was supposedly one of the best pipes they've tested.

Sorry dude im just not interested in Fatty's. My dads bike which i get to ride a lot has them, and they're awesome trail/play pipes but not anywhere near the top end of the 916's. My pipes suck in the trails, but I don't want to give up too much top end just for trails since the coalmines are wide-open all-out.