Vin tube and title for a 1999 Banshee

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't this kind of shady? I mean, would you be okay selling a vin tube and title to someone who has a stolen bike? Just seems kinda wrong...

yeah if you are a crook trying to get a different frame. you would also need cases i would assume.

have you not seen the thousands of frames for sale on ebay? nothing shady about him selling titled vin tube, some ppl need to go that route. for instance i purchased my shee from a pawn shop and i am in oklahoma. if i was to try and get a title i would have to get the original owner to sign it over. do you think someone that lost their bike in a pawn shop is going to give it to me? hell no. i personally don't need a vin tube, because i can put a lean against it and title42 the bike. others don't have it that easy.

yeah if you are a crook trying to get a different frame. you would also need cases i would assume.

have you not seen the thousands of frames for sale on ebay? nothing shady about him selling titled vin tube, some ppl need to go that route. for instance i purchased my shee from a pawn shop and i am in oklahoma. if i was to try and get a title i would have to get the original owner to sign it over. do you think someone that lost their bike in a pawn shop is going to give it to me? hell no. i personally don't need a vin tube, because i can put a lean against it and title42 the bike. others don't have it that easy.

I know they sell frames on ebay... People sell them here... but it's an entire frame. It's not like someone's cutting the vin off of the frame and just selling that. Minkia is advertising just cutting the vin off and sending it that way. Maybe I'm lost and this is a widely practiced thing... I dunno. It just didn't sit right with me. I was just wondering why make it that easy for someone with a stolen bike have a title. AHHH, whatever... lol... as long as it's not my bike that's stolen I'm okay with it.

Yes this is illegal, it is a crime to tamper with a VIN and that is what this is. If you bought your Banshee out of a legal pawn shop you should have gotten a title with it because the previous owner should have had to reliquish the title when he pawned it. Otherwise he coould have reported it stolen and had the cops retrieve it from the pawn shop for him, if he had the title the cops would have sided with him and not the pawn shop. Buying a complete frame off of Ebay is a totally different thing, some of them come with titles. The one that don't have a title, usually have a bill of sale and, depending on the state you are in, that can be used to get a legal title. That is what I did here in Oregon. All this being said, I did contemplate cutting the VIN out of my old frame and welding it into my Ebay frame, until I went to DMV and found out the process to get a title and the penalty if I got caught doing the other. Also, you don't need engine cases, because on some years of Banshees the engine case nubers are different from the frame numbers and the cops and DMV go by the frame numbers. Plus, it is perfectly legal to replace a complete engine, they put reman engines in cars all the time that have different numbers on the engine.

Felony in all states to possess a vin plate that is not attached to a vehicle. I would assume this would be the same with all ATV's. I know in some states you need to register to ride in state riding areas. This requires you to have a VIN. Your frame may have been PCed and locating a vin is not possible. In this case your ATV is inspected and you pay a fee to have a VIN issued from your state. This thread needs killed.

How much for just a title? no vin plate? Here in michigan it is a p.i.t.a. to get a custom drag chassis titled. Alot of guys will get a title and stamp that vin on there custom chassis so that the cops wont confiscate there bikes, like what happened to hoppers when it got stolen.

How much for just a title? no vin plate? Here in michigan it is a p.i.t.a. to get a custom drag chassis titled. Alot of guys will get a title and stamp that vin on there custom chassis so that the cops wont confiscate there bikes, like what happened to hoppers when it got stolen.

Thats why the guy above is wrong. On hoppers bike he didnt have a vin on his frame so they traced the cases and the cases were stolen so the detroit police department checked the case vin it came up stolen. They confiscated his 10mm cub. The cases hes had since 1990 were reported stolen in 1995 by the original owner.

~Teddy~

Thats why the guy above is wrong. On hoppers bike he didnt have a vin on his frame so they traced the cases and the cases were stolen so the detroit police department checked the case vin it came up stolen. They confiscated his 10mm cub. The cases hes had since 1990 were reported stolen in 1995 by the original owner.

~Teddy~

Even if hoppers cases werent stolen he would have never got his bike back. I was pulled over by DNR in silverlake cuz one of my sparkies came off and i didnt know it. The first thing the officer did was check the vin on the frame. He told me no vin on the frame and he takes the bike PERIOD. And you wont get it back.

Yes this is illegal, it is a crime to tamper with a VIN and that is what this is. If you bought your Banshee out of a legal pawn shop you should have gotten a title with it because the previous owner should have had to reliquish the title when he pawned it. Otherwise he coould have reported it stolen and had the cops retrieve it from the pawn shop for him, if he had the title the cops would have sided with him and not the pawn shop. Buying a complete frame off of Ebay is a totally different thing, some of them come with titles. The one that don't have a title, usually have a bill of sale and, depending on the state you are in, that can be used to get a legal title. That is what I did here in Oregon. All this being said, I did contemplate cutting the VIN out of my old frame and welding it into my Ebay frame, until I went to DMV and found out the process to get a title and the penalty if I got caught doing the other. Also, you don't need engine cases, because on some years of Banshees the engine case nubers are different from the frame numbers and the cops and DMV go by the frame numbers. Plus, it is perfectly legal to replace a complete engine, they put reman engines in cars all the time that have different numbers on the engine.

i not going to set here and argue, but how in the fuck is someone from OR going to set here and tell me (from OKLAHOMA) how shit goes here. do you live here and know the law? no stfu! you sign a piece of paper at the pawn shop saying your pawning it. lol yeah the numbers on a engine don't matter right? that's why my buddy went to jail about a year ago on a banshee that he bought from a used dealer. some idiot swapped frames and traded it in and when the cops ran the case numbers he was arrested for possession of stolen property.

this guy is a fuckin joke! 150 for an illegal transaction wtf is wrong with him? there are complete frames all over for 200 bucks with papers. loco should warn this retard about his illegal transactions on the hq, his ebay prices are a load of shit too! to you sir i say gtfo! :cheers: