oil soaked packing

banshee mx 19

at the most it will have 30 hors on the packing i know that that is alot longer than it should be in for but i t was october when i packed it last and i thought this should do untill the winter comes but it diddent come till deceber and thats when i parked the quad

so it has alot of hours on it do you thinkthat is the problem

sorry im having a bad day at typing alot of stuff is spelt wrong lol thanks for the help

I thought you were supposed to repack 2 stroke silencers every 40 hrs or somethin like that dependin on how much you ride. There's no way around oil gettin in the packing since your burning oil in the gas so the exhaust fumes will have oil residue in it.

True with and oil residue. But you should have burn out the packing before hey are socked with oil. Every time I have changed out my packing, they are burned out and hard with little oil on the bottom side. I also just use reg wall insulation because I had some around the house from redoing a room in the house. Seems to work just fine to me. And with having 6 quads and a rhino. The packing really adds up. People also need to remember not to repack to tight.