help on clutch install......

'04limited

ok guys i must be retarded this is not the first time i have installed the clutch on my shee but i am definately haveing some kind of issue, i put new steel and friction plates in yesterday and when i go to tighten up the bolts on the springs they bottom all the way out and then when you pull the clutch lever the pressure plate wont move, if i loosen the bolts for the springs a little bit then pull the lever the pressure plate moves out like it should. I also noticed that the pressure plate is not touching the last friction plate isn't it supposed to? what am i doing wrong here guys? any help is greatly appreciated, i am leaving for the dunes tomorrow so i need to get this figured out. thx, Tom

i got the clutch issue worked out, but now it seems really hard to shift just sitting with the bike running or not when i run through the gears it seems alot harder to shift than before i put this new clutch in. any ideas? :confused: