Banshee wheel set-up

Hank

I currently have the stock wheels on my banshee and want to upgrade to better rims and tires. Looking to go to Maxxis Razr II tires but can't decide whether to use a 9" or 10" rear rim or which type (beadlock, baja, ITP, etc). I like how the 10" rim looks but I see alot of you running 9's. Any suggestions would be appreciated...Hank

I ride sand so I can't recomend any tires. For a given tire height a 10 inch rim will give you a shorter sidewall, this will make it more stable in the corners but the ride will be a little rougher. 9 inch wheel will give you more sidewall which will smoothout the ride somewhat but will be a little twitchier in the corners. As for what wheels, it depends how much you want to spend, The stock wheels with the rolled edge are very resistant to bending, I also found since I went back to stockers that I have far fewer bead leaks. Douglas Blue Label will bend pretty easiky, so I would use at least the Red or Black Label from them,or go to their rolled edge wheel.. You can also get wheels with reinfocing ring or beadlocks from several manufacturers. There is also the HyperLite carbon fiber wheels, it all depends how much you want to spend.

well, what tire selection are you lookin at? if you go 10", you can more readily find some realtors in 22's, which will be an awesome tire. i went through hell trying to get some, but went back to the bear claws, since it was always a shit ton to get them up here.....

if your mainly trails (rocks,stumps,roots)the 9" rim gives you more sidewall on a 20"tire... i had a set of 10" and after a couple yrs they were pretty beat up... i went with a baja and 20" tire and havent had anything bend it yet and that is with 2 more yrs on it.... beer.gif

if your mainly trails (rocks,stumps,roots)the 9" rim gives you more sidewall on a 20"tire... i had a set of 10" and after a couple yrs they were pretty beat up... i went with a baja and 20" tire and havent had anything bend it yet and that is with 2 more yrs on it.... beer.gif

9" baja and 20" tire