Do front wheels stay straight?

BOOZER2009

Tried searching for a post regarding basic alignment info but can't seem to find my answer. I just put a yfz conversion on my shee. I have the wheels set straight currently. Not sure what the terms toe in/toe out mean. My guess is that the front of the wheels set inward or outward from each other. That is my question, Do I set the front wheels a bit inward facing each other or outward facing away from each other?

Tried searching for a post regarding basic alignment info but can't seem to find my answer. I just put a yfz conversion on my shee. I have the wheels set straight currently. Not sure what the terms toe in/toe out mean. My guess is that the front of the wheels set inward or outward from each other. That is my question, Do I set the front wheels a bit inward facing each other or outward facing away from each other?

Just get out the measuring tape quick. Then measure the VERY front of the tires from one an other in the center of the tire tread to the center of the tire tread. Now do the exact same on the VERY back of the front tires. Do both of the measurements with the tires perfectly level. You want the toe in set so that you have anywhere between a 1/4"-1/2" difference. Meaning that the front measurement you took you want it to be 1/4-1/2" shorter then the measurement you took on the back. Just adjust your tie rods accordingly till you get it all set. Understand? Its very simple. I have mine set at 1/2" toe in.

Good luck.

Just get out the measuring tape quick. Then measure the VERY front of the tires from one an other in the center of the tire tread to the center of the tire tread. Now do the exact same on the VERY back of the front tires. Do both of the measurements with the tires perfectly level. You want the toe in set so that you have anywhere between a 1/4"-1/2" difference. Meaning that the front measurement you took you want it to be 1/4-1/2" shorter then the measurement you took on the back. Just adjust your tie rods accordingly till you get it all set. Understand? Its very simple. I have mine set at 1/2" toe in.

Good luck.

Thanks for the help bro. Yeah I git the measuring and lining up thing down. I was just wondering if I need to toe in or out or even. I will do 1/4" toe in. Appreciate it

Thanks for the help bro. Yeah I git the measuring and lining up thing down. I was just wondering if I need to toe in or out or even. I will do 1/4" toe in. Appreciate it

Toe in is the ticket. If i remember correctly, the more you toe in the better the steering with be , but with a loss of straight line tractability and vise versa. So if you want better steering go with a 1/2" toe in or better straight line go with 1/4" toe in. Just play around and find what you like!

Later

Toe in is the ticket. If i remember correctly, the more you toe in the better the steering with be , but with a loss of straight line tractability and vise versa. So if you want better steering go with a 1/2" toe in or better straight line go with 1/4" toe in. Just play around and find what you like!

Later

10-4