Got a knock

yamaha04

Thats a member here from Germany. Think his name is banshee bandit or something "ED". Every banshee ive ever been around has a slight noise like that. Im pretty sure its just the tranny gears spinning and everything else spinning like the basket and what not. Replace you gear though. I would.

lol damit im going to replace it . lol please dont tell me i wasted 2 bores and money on a crank trying to and fix a noise everyone has lol

Is this a loud knock? All engines make some noise. I have an older bore/worn out clutch basket/loose as hell kicker--and it runs great,and i beat the hell out of it. Still 135 psi per side and kickin!

Its ironic that you mentioned this i was riding with my buddy yesterday and he kept getting me to listen to his banshee idle,saying it was making noise,i was like "dude your being paranoid shut yours off and listen to mine" after that he just laughed and rode the rest of the day no worries

well its not my kicker because i rebuilt it as soon as it started rattling. the clutch basket and gear could be it. i can turn the gear until it hits the rubber cushions but it take quite a bit of force. so , not sure how i would tell if it was Bad. the water pump im going to replace with a pro design, also replace the bearing but it does feel smooth when turning it by hand. other then that i have no idea. i once though wrist pins and bearing but the rattle has been there through 2 rebuilds so that cant be. im sure the idler gear has alot to do with it and the bushing be wore out then finally after me tearing it down to find the problem the cir clip has gotten bad and let go. also the back of my clutch basket shows some signs of the idler hitting it. the 4 rivets that hold the gear on are wore alittle. so that had to be making noise when the idler hit the basket. as far as all my gear teeth go i cant really see anything that looks bad. i know that clip to a ride through my water pump gear because i had 3 broken teeth on it but its plastic so i think the clip also to a ride through one of the others because as you can see in the pic its not all there. im ordering the part soon so i will know shortly what it was lol or maybe not. maybe it will still be there.

Edited by yamaha04