How to port stock reed cages?

spooled

this topic comes up every few months or so.......

by "top" i'm assuming that means by the screw holes, right? mabey i'm off on this, but the way i look at it, the reed pedals themselfs are the most restrictive part of the whole reed/cage assembly. the reason i removed so much from the top inside and out, is to leave as little air coushin area as possible, such as the coushin you can observe by dropping a paper plate on the counter squarely. imo, the biggest focus is to ease and assist pedal movement, rather than to just flow them. i am curious, too, if there is dyno on this......

this topic comes up every few months or so.......

by "top" i'm assuming that means by the screw holes, right? mabey i'm off on this, but the way i look at it, the reed pedals themselfs are the most restrictive part of the whole reed/cage assembly. the reason i removed so much from the top inside and out, is to leave as little air coushin area as possible, such as the coushin you can observe by dropping a paper plate on the counter squarely. imo, the biggest focus is to ease and assist pedal movement, rather than to just flow them. i am curious, too, if there is dyno on this......

Yes, at the screw holes. We took our cages and changed that curve just as you did. We changed that curve, leaving all other variables the same, about 20 different confiurations from squared off to more of a curve than stock. We only tested the changes on the flow bench and found that the stock curve was close to the best flow.