considering a cub

01banch

So...I have been tossing the idea around for a while, My banshee needs the topend rebuilt but I am kinda leaning towards putting a cub together, so i have seen these topics before but have searched for a while trying to dig one up so i figured id just ask.

What am i going to need to have to make this successful?

I was thinking 392 cub, 30mm cubs, modded shift star, slingshot lockout, I am putting this on a stock crank which is what i am a little worried about.

Also, I am curious how these motors hold up to duning?

What kind of riding do you do?

Your going to need alot of stuff if you don't already have it.

Cool head, Pistons of choice, true and weld crank, billet basket, longer swing arm, longer chain, new sprockets, longer brake line, new pipes, bigger carbs, new intakes. The list goes on. Also with a lockup you would be wise to put a over ride in there. Don't have to but it makes shifting ALOT ezer.

Depending on what kind of riding and more importantly howmuch $$$ you have to spend there might be better options for you.

If you really want a Cub, I am trying to sell my bike :)

Edited by Bansh-eman

I am kinda torn now, I want my bike to haul by I also want it to be reliable which i guess is always the factor with these. I may just get my stockers rebuilt and ported aggressively and call it a day. Its just fun to have something different i suppose.

I have the pipes, coolhead, and started ordering things from cascade today. But I am starting to second guess myself.

Do you trail ride, drag race, dune, MX ??? Cubs will haul when setup for sure, but a nice port job on a set of stockers can haul as well. Cubs are not made for doing alot of lugging around. If your riding tight corner trails where your changing gears and your on and off the pipe they may not be your best option.

Any motor can be reliable as long as you build it with proper tolerances and keep up the maintanance and properly jet it.

Edited by Bansh-eman

Nick,

875 is only the cylinders. He will still need plenty more to get that bike running and running properly that the cost will tower over the 875 mark.

Sending you top end to Herr Jugs Racing to get ported and get new pistons base gasket and Coolhead orings, will be cheaper by far. Plus like said, the cub may not fit his riding.

Either way you go you should think about pulling your crank and having it trued and welded.

Edited by Bansh-eman

Yea after making a few phone calls to redline racing and talking to brandon at wildcard I think im gonna stick with stock cylinders for now it is gonna cost more than double the cost of the cylinders to do it right and if im not gonna do it right ill pay for it later.

There are many things you should still upgrade whewn you port your stockers. Clutch being on of the main things. Also depending on what type of porting you do and what riding you will need a swinger to match. With a longer swinger your going to need new chain, and with new chain you should always replace your sprockets. There is no cheap way out of it. That is if you want to do it right. Sure you can skim by on a few parts but if they let go it could cost you alot more in the end.