shocks

morgan320i

going to be doing alot of trail riding and a bit of rocky riding. sand here and then. what are some good affordble shocks under 900$ for the front. none ressi elkas go for like 450 same with works. Ressis bring it up to 700+ is there a huge dif? well works with ressies are about 650. and elka about 750. current ebay prices for shocks built for me

youll get a bunch of different answers

$650 for the works? were they fully adjustable At steelers? thats pretty expensive, i got a pair of tripple rate rezzies for $480 new.

im sure the elkas ride better, and so they should. but for the weekend warrior who cares, i love my works shocks and they ride 50 times better than stock, so smooth, the only difference between the rezzie and non rezzie is the rezzie has more room for fluid and greater cooling capabilities, the shock will "last" much longer while riding, it wont fade and get soft and springy as easily because the oil keeps its viscosity longer from being cooler , if you are riding for hours straight, hard, get the rezzies , you can always add them on in the future though, keep that in mind, and stick with dual rates, a standard trvale banshee doesnt need triple rates, weather you go with elka or works, +2's would also be a great compliment to the new shocks of course, id say its worth it to save the cash for the arms, that way you arnt kkcikng yourself in the ass having your shocks revalved for the wider a arms down the road

the rear shock is pretty good, is fully rebuildable and adjustable, you could send it out to a company and have it rebuilt and setup for you and your bike, id like to get a dual rate conversion put on my stock rear when i get the cash.

As MJ said. Get the rear rebuild. Have it srung to a dual rate and valved for you. As for the fronts. I have ran the Pro Series 3-way adjustable damping piggyback shocks with Triple-Rate Springs and loved them at first over stock. Then I started having problems. About after 30mins of riding in the dunes they started to fade fast. You could feel the shocks and they got HOT. I put the yfz450 shocks on and never looked back. I soon want to valve them and make them into a dual rate set up. On my raptor I went with the Elka Dunes and have been on them for 4 yrs. Never have been happier. As for the pricing. I have two quads that have the basic elka shocks on them and they are great! I had a rear shock rebuild by works and the worst thing ever. They couldnt get the valving right and after the 3rd try they put me to the curb. I had elka build a dune edition rear shock and it is the shit. Everyone in the group I ride with wants one. But there is one reason why I say I would go with the Yfz shocks over works in a sec. They have compression adj and rebound adj. And for those, you will pay out of the ass to get those on a set of works or elkas or other company. But if you can find a set of used after market shocks then you are in for good news. The only thing you will need to look at is they ill prob be need rebuild and that is around $100 a shock depending on what parts are needed. So that is just some food for thought.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...