messer007

Hilarious

Back in early November I bought a complete banshee engine from member, messer117. i am sorry to do this and dont really wanna be a butthole about this but:

i was sold a basketcase motor. if i am wrong on this i am sorry.

it was advertised as (its a 4mil crank, big bore stock cylinders 70.45mm,brand new pistons and rings, very aggressive port job, new clutches, shaved head 40thousands...bike has great compression...

1. a couple of weeks ago i installed this engine in a rolling chassis that i had.cranked it over and had it running only to find the head was leaking around oneof the head studs. i removed the head and noticed a lot of rust and galling

on the cylinder walls. no visable cross hatching that i could see.not acceptable in my opinion. i have not had this engine

running long enough with a bad head gasket for it to have leaked coolant into the cylinders and produce the rust in my pictures. messer had mentioned that he ran this engine on alky a bit before selling it to me. he did say he purged it after.

2. this engine was also supposed to have an extra 4mm ofstroke. there is no spacer plate at the base of the cylinders, the head is not cut for a 4mill, the pistons

did not rise out of the bores and the piston travel measures 54mm. honestly, this aggrivates me more than the top end.

3.it does have the big bore cylinders, i can not account for the rest as i have not been all the way into the engine yet. compression seemed low to me. 125psi and the squish was around .053 ~ .055

now...jeremy, you told me i could rub the rust out of the cylinder walls with steel wool and run it. not acceptable in my book.

again...you told me that the original seller of this engine told you that it had a 4mm crank in it. not a valid excuse. you said you put a couple of head gaskets

in it and searched around for some pistons, how could you have not known this engine didnt have the advertised 4mm crank in it?

This motor you sold me is not as you advertised it. pure and simple.

and before you or anyone else tears into me to defend you,

i fully realize that it is a used engine and used items are sold "as is". i was under the impression that this was a fresh, 4mm engine.

i am not expecting any refund from you, jeremy. after thinking about it, the advertised 4mill crank would be nice but i am not holding my breath. you told me you arent financially able to give me any kind of refund and you told me that you were not looking to rip anyone off. i know times are hard and the world around us is cruel as all hell. but that doesnt make this transaction good and it doesnt make me any less pissed off about this engine.

you sell a bad part, you should be ready to make it right.

it maybe damn near impossible to do in all situations but, i think anyone looking to sell parts should be fully aware of what they are selling. if you sell a part and it is not as you have advertised it, i am not saying you should be banned but come on, that's false advertisement.

not being financially able to make it right really is not the problem of the individual purchasing said part either.

and, this is directed at everyone, man up and do not ignore your pm's.in some cases it could and does make you look like you are out to rip someone off.

moderators, i didnt really know where else to put this as it is more of a vent seing as i am not expecting any restitution.

david

bikepics-1859581-800.jpg

bikepics-1859582-800.jpg

HAVE YOU TRIED A BANSHEE PISTON TO SEE HOE MUCH IT STICKS OUT OF THE CYLINDER BEFORE YOU GET ON HERE AND COMPLAIN HELL IF I HAD GIVE WHAT YOU GIVE FOR THIS MOTOR I WOULD HAVE TORE IT DOWN WHEN I GOT IT I DONT BELIEVE ANYTHING ANY BUY TELLS ME HE TOLD YOU HE DIDNT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT OTHER THAN WHAT HE TOLD YOU SO DONT GET ON HERE AND RUN YOUR DAM MOUTH YOU SHOULD HAVE CHECKED IT WHEN YOU GOT IT YOU PROBALLY SCREWED IT UP YOURSELF.

First of all I have replied to your PMs and even talked to you on the phone. I never once said they cylinders were on a fresh bore I said that I had bought new pistons and rings. The pistons from this bike are not regular banshee pistons they are blaster style pistons from Trinity Racing. If you was to put a stock set of banshee pistons in this motor you would find that they do rise above the top of the cylinder. Dave you bought this motor off of me Oct. 26 that has been over 2 months and you are just now getting around to mentioning this to me if you would have said something 1-2 weeks after receiving this motor I would have helped you out. I have done business with plenty of people on various sites and never had any problems from none of them. I just find it funny that I sold you a running motor and gave you everything you asked for and even the whole wiring harness and a set of 34mm Carbs and your just now getting around to bring this up.

first of all you have replied to all pm's but the last i sent you with my cell # attached. that was on the 26th. i see that you looked at it and didnt reply. you have been on hq making another classified on hq tring to sell the bike this motor came out of within this time frame. i am just now complaining about this motor because i am just now tring to run it. i told you this on the phone. not quite a full 2 months, i dont see the big deal there. i seriously doubt you would have said anything other than what you told me over the phone, regardless of when i got around to tring to run this motor.

you didnt give me anything, you sold it to me. if you want to get technical lets get technical here about what you sold me.

1. junk motor 1200, no 4mm crank. one of the intake bolts was jammed into the cylinder stripping out the threads in the cylinder.

2. some junk 34mm pj carbs, no adjusters on the caps. one plug was welded into the bowl, 2000. you even told me you would include intakes. you did do that, stock intakes that these carbs wont fit into.

3. you did include all the electronics. 100.

if anything you included shipping. you didnt give me anything.

how is putting stock banshee pistons in this motor going to make it a 4mm stroker? top of the piston crown is still going to travel only 54mm.

regardless, this motor is junk. if i hadnt have taken the screwing on it, someone else would have.

HAVE YOU TRIED A BANSHEE PISTON TO SEE HOE MUCH IT STICKS OUT OF THE CYLINDER BEFORE YOU GET ON HERE AND COMPLAIN HELL IF I HAD GIVE WHAT YOU GIVE FOR THIS MOTOR I WOULD HAVE TORE IT DOWN WHEN I GOT IT I DONT BELIEVE ANYTHING ANY BUY TELLS ME HE TOLD YOU HE DIDNT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT OTHER THAN WHAT HE TOLD YOU SO DONT GET ON HERE AND RUN YOUR DAM MOUTH YOU SHOULD HAVE CHECKED IT WHEN YOU GOT IT YOU PROBALLY SCREWED IT UP YOURSELF.

what kind of banshee piston ?

a stock banshee piston? you cant get a stock banshee piston in a 70mm and up can you?

lets say you could. is relocating the wrist pin up or down in the piston going to magically make the crank shaft in the engine move the pistons a full 58mm of stroke?

and you dont believe anything anyone tells you? you seem to be friends with jeremy and you dont trust what he says?

doesnt sound like you are too good of friends.

you are saying that i shouldnt have believed anything jeremy told me about this motor and i should have been ready to rebuild it the second i got it?

you are beyond stupid. :rotflmao:

Who the fuck are you and what do you have to do with whats going on??? You come on here running your mouth to Hilarious "a WELL known member" who has NEVER had any issues with anyone here!!!! Stay in your place brother and let them hash out whatever they have going!!!

man you need to back off. i have rebuilt 4mill banshees with blaster pistons and they still come out the top!!! o and i dont think everyone goes into the motors when they buy them from some one! they should not have to!!!

Sorry Dave I'm not refunding any money it has been 2 months I'm sorry that you are just now getting around to running this motor that is not my fault. I told you on the phone that if I could round some parts up that I would send them your way I guess you forgot to mention that in this post. The PJ's were not junk those were the carbs that I ran on that motor.

Sorry Dave I'm not refunding any money it has been 2 months I'm sorry that you are just now getting around to running this motor that is not my fault. I told you on the phone that if I could round some parts up that I would send them your way I guess you forgot to mention that in this post. The PJ's were not junk those were the carbs that I ran on that motor.

no i didnt forget to mention it in the post. i guess i should have but i didnt think it was relivant because i dont really want anymore parts from you as i dont trust anything else that you would be able to "round up". what is to say you wouldnt send me more junk? only trustworthy thing you could send my way would be some money.

and as for the pj's, they looked like junk to me. i may be a bit anal about the condition of the parts that i put on my bikes and i have dealt with used carbs and these looked like junk. how did you run them on this engine without the little adjusters above the carb caps?

i guess we will have to agree to disagree with this transaction between us. you sold me a pile of junk, false advertised 4mm engine.

i stated in my very first post in this thread that i didnt expect any restitution from you. you told me flat out that you werent financially able to give me any kind of refund, which i think was a pansy excuse.

whatever guy, you screwed me on this motor and i dont think you should be trusted on anything else you try to pawn off on any of these forums.

Here is what was advertised, and a link to the ad. Dave bought just the engine. If this guy just recently went through the engine, he had to have known it wasn't a 4mil, how can you not?

http://www.planetsand.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/995997

01 Yamaha Banshee

Clean Title

4mil Crank

70.45mm Big Bore Cylinders

Shaved Head .40thousands

Polished Clutch Cover

Chrome FMF SST headers and Power Core II Silencers

New Pistons, Rings, Clutches, and Crank Seals installed bout two months ago

34mm Kehin PJ's Carbs

Super Strong running bike you will not be dissapointed

Yep.. I'd have to say it sounds like a bogus deal and some effort should be made of some sort to correct it.

The junk parts should have been brought up when received.. So I can understand that part.. but.. the 4mil crank is a pretty big issue and not easily accessible for inspection. What if this engine was sold to a newb that didn't know how to split the motor and didn't know any better? would that guy just be SOL cuz he didn't know?

IMO... its a sour deal.

I got a strong feeling Dave would have accepted the issues with the carbs had the engine been as advertised. Dave is not the complaining type. But once he found out the engine was NOT as described, the carbs were like icing on a shit flavored cake.

If someone tells me I'm buying a "strong running engine and you will not be disappointed", I'll run it as-is before I go messing with anything, especially if it's what I'm looking for...There was no need to tear it down based off messer's ad. Hilarious trusted him, and got burned.

The least messer could do is offer something other than "rounded up parts" for this BS. At least TRY, SOMETHING...the whole "you waited 2 months to tell me" is so shady and pathetic it makes me sick to my stomach. Did you ever think that maybe he couldn't physically do anything with the engine for a couple months? Have you never bought anything in preparation for a project? This messer guy is a real piece of work

what am I suppose to do set on $1500 for 2 or 3 months after I sold the motor like I said if it was bout a week or 2 weeks I would have refunded the money. Dave knew and understood that when I sold him the motor that I did not build it that I bought it and I made it clear that I was told it was a 4mil so that is why it was advertised as a 4mil...The motor did run strong when I had it ran 3.6 in 200ft

what am I suppose to do set on $1500 for 2 or 3 months after I sold the motor like I said if it was bout a week or 2 weeks I would have refunded the money. Dave knew and understood that when I sold him the motor that I did not build it that I bought it and I made it clear that I was told it was a 4mil so that is why it was advertised as a 4mil...The motor did run strong when I had it ran 3.6 in 200ft

i dont know what your financial situation is guy, and it isnt any of my business.

i didnt ask you to sit on any money. its not my fault if that is what you would have to do on any of the things that you sell

to make sure someone doesnt come asking for a refund.

the guy you bought it from shafted you and you never checked into it so you pass the shafting on to me?

i want to know how in the hell does that get you off the hook for this engine not being a true 4 mill stroker?

i bought this motor from you, not the person you bought it from.

i guess with your logic, i can throw the top end back together like you did and sell it to someone else, and tell them that it is a 4mill because you told me that its supposed to be a 4mill. when it blows up on them and they go looking for parts and they find out its not a 4mill then they will have no right to get pissed at me and i can just send them your way?