Havent been on the site in a LONG time...

Well I haven't been on the site in a long time.. Don't usually visit this site very often. Some of you may remember a while back I kept coming on and asking a ton of questions, because I had gotten my first banshee and was rebuilding it from the ground up.

Well, it's been almost a year. I had posted this on a bunch of other forums but figured I would share with you guys too. Here's what that disaster of a quad turned into.

When I first got the banshee... No spark... Blown engine...

89banshee5.jpg

89banshee2.jpg

Took a long time to troubleshooting, but it ended up being the stator. Bought a stator from a fellow member on here. It was time to tear her down and do the engine.

PICT0001.jpg

PICT0004.jpg

Pulled the head off. Wasn't pretty... badly overheated and pitted on one side.

PICT0006.jpg

PICT0007.jpg

Got the cylinders off. Piston was badly scuffed and rings were welded to the piston!

PICT0008.jpg

PICT0009.jpg

Rolling frame.

DSCN0695.jpg

Split the cases. Transmission was in nice shape. One of the crank bearings was split perfectly in the middle all the way around, and fell to pieces.

DSCN0696.jpg

Bought new crank bearings and put them on the crank. Started re-assembling the motor. The cylinders were bored to .050 by Passion racing with new wiseco pro-lite's. Also traded a PS2 and a bunch of games for that head, which ended up being warped. (Thanks to the one asshole on this site.. wish I remembered his name.)

Banshee001.jpg

Banshee006.jpg

For temporary, painted the plastics black. This was the tuning stage. Had so many problems until I realized the slides were in the carbs backwards. (Thanks herc, haha)

Banshee022.jpg

Banshee026.jpg

Banshee016.jpg

Banshee017.jpg

Banshee.jpg

Cleaned it up real good. Got it tuned in real nice. Got maier craptor plastics. Also found White bros front rims to match the rear white bro's.

Banshee039.jpg

Banshee041.jpg

Banshee043.jpg

Ended up hating the craptor plastics.. traded them for a set of UFO's. (Thanks 410mayhem!) Also installed HD clutch springs, new jets (was a little lean), j-arm bushings.

Banshee008.jpg

Banshee009.jpg

Banshee011.jpg

Banshee012.jpg

Bought a new bumper and barpad.

Banshee061.jpg

Banshee060.jpg

And that's all! Hope you enjoyed it.

Getting +2 +1 J-arms for christmas, and with the money I get from family, im sending the cylinders to Kevin at HJR for an aggressive dune port. :headbang:

Thanks guys

Yeah, I got tired of the raptor plastics real fast. Believe it or not, I actually REALLY liked them when I first got them, and compared to my spray-painted nightmares they were better. Made it feel like a modern quad. But after one ride... I just thought it look hideous. The proportions are all off.

I like these UFO's and don't plan on cutting them. I actually like the looks of a non-cut front fender. I honestly don't like chopped fenders.

After I get the arms on, I MIGHT consider cutting them like DMC's quad, because that's my favorite type of cut, but I doubt it.