crossover Tube

robert0762

If I run intakes that eliminate the crossover are there any negative consequences to doing this? Will it make any diff and if so what will it effect?

Now im not positive on this one however, my understanding is that the cross over tube or better known as boost bottle is some cases has one purpose and that is to equalize air coming through the intakes. If you feel that you carbs are sync'd perfect and jetted properly you might be able to toss it. However, out of personal opinion its on there for a reason unless there is a way to compicate for the removal of it i wouldnt. Good luck.

well, it is ok to run without it, without performance loss. the point of the tube (not known as a boost bottle) is to send most of the pulse that escapes back through the reeds over to the other carb so it metrers fuel better. the boost bottle is supposed to just absorb it, but it is a big FAIL.........all you will noice is a little airscrew adjustment. just keep your carbs synced and tuned, and it will be fine and run good.