Need some help reading plugs.

assbandit

These plugs were ran at idle for ten minutes. I am running 35mm pwk airstrykers. I have the smallest pilot jet available in the carbs but the plugs always come out wet. The bike smokes like a bitch. I did a leak down test and i have no leaks. I think the coil might have a weak spark. Any suggestions would be helpful i'm stumped. The last pic is the same plug just wiped down with a napkin.

036.jpg

037.jpg

050.jpg

umm.......there is water all over that plug.........

what gas are u running? what mods? stock timing? porceline looks like its bubbling, sign of to much heat or wrong plug heat range...

doing a plug chop doesent tell u shit about the idle circuit, the lower part of the porceline is the WOT circuit middle is part throttle and the top of the threads is ur idle, some fresh gas in it, new plugs, let it idle and return with results.

looking at the pictures u posted shows me nothing at idle, but a rich main jetting/neddle position, and some bit of contamination/heat. IE water/metal shaving/ too much timing/wrong plug heat range ect.....

Edited by vtekthis

well now.......i'm extremely curious as too how you are coming to the conclusion that the main is effecting idle at ALL.........

lol, guess u dintd read my posting to well, the part of that plug that is black (bottom near the threads) is where the WOT circuit lies, hence showing me the main jetting, looking at the pics he posted wont tell us much at all about the idle circuit of that plug.

he needs to take pics of the plug before he chops it.....

yes i know his main jetting will not give us any idle information at all. unless the throttle cable sheath is pulled up on the carb top, causing the needle to be raies out of the main at idle haha that would suck

Edited by vtekthis

well, if you do a search, you can find the pic of everything about reading the plug other than a plug chop.........and, btw, the main never closes by the needle, the venturi evvect stops working as the air slows down on that side of the slide and it starts pulling out of the pilot....

I am not worried about the main right now . I just wanted to see all the shit on the plug. They were brand new and idled for 10 minutes. Any way i did a leak down test a few weeks ago and it held 6 psi for 15 minutes. And i have brand new o-rings in my cool head so i didn't think it was leaking air or coolant. So i took the cool head off and found out the o-rings on the dome's were split on the inside seam of both o-rings. So now i need to o-rings.

I am not worried about the main right now . I just wanted to see all the shit on the plug. They were brand new and idled for 10 minutes. Any way i did a leak down test a few weeks ago and it held 6 psi for 15 minutes. And i have brand new o-rings in my cool head so i didn't think it was leaking air or coolant. So i took the cool head off and found out the o-rings on the dome's were split on the inside seam of both o-rings. So now i need to o-rings.

good find! i wasnt worried about the main jetting either, but now that u have found that problem, it would explain why the burn ring is soo far up on that plug at only idle.