Gasket and seal kit

ZiggyG

Whatever you do don't get the moose gaskets. I bought the whole set gaskets and seals and the base gaskets would not seal for shit. The seals and other gaskets seem to be ok thogh.

cometic is good I am gonna use them for my next build

Edited by robert0762

I prefer the genuine OEM Yamaha seals and gaskets, I have NEVER had a problem with them. I have seen the yamaha seals work on some pretty grooved shafts. I always figured it was cheaper to buy one set of Yamaha seals and gaskets than it was to buy two sets of inferior parts. Cascade and several other places sell OEM stuff, but the best deal I have found is a place called Apache Motorcycles in the Phoenix, AZ metro area. They used to be called Yamaha Suzuki of Arizona, but I think they got bought out or merged with Apache. Another place is Cheap Cycle Parts on the web, they are usually a few pennies higher but you might save on shipping. Apache is on the web also.

ive never replaced a leaky seal or gasket in my life and ive never boughten oem seals and gaskets

I have never replaced a leaking seal on my Banshee either, because I use OEM. The only seals and gaskets I have had to replace were the one I needed when I tore it apart for something else. BUT, there are alot of people on here complaing about leaking head gaskets, crank seals, water pump seals, and countershaft seals. I know a guy with an 89 that still has the original seals in it, he has reused them twice and no problems. I myself would not do this, but he did and I think this says alot about the quality of Yamaha seals. If you know anything about seals, and look at how Yamaha seals are designed, you will see they are far superior to the standard bearing house or auto parts store seals. Everybody is entitled to use whatever they want and I think OEM is the best way to go in this case, if you go to the places I listed in the first post, you can get them for a reasonable price that is probably not much more than the aftermarket ones.

Edited by bansheesandrider

oem seals are great MOOSE complete seal kit is great i use cometic or stock steel based gaskets NEVER use a paper base gasket escpecially the crappy paper one piece ones that sometimes come with the cubs. guaranteed to blow out never use sealer on a paper gasket either it makes them slicko and they rip.. oem clutch gaskets are great..

try yamaha south seattle motorsports

for oem parts also ask your local oem dealer if they will PRICE match other oem dealers. most times if you come in with the exact part numbers you want they will price match. tell them your moneys going into someones pocket might as well be theirs..

Thanks for the tips you guys............I will evaluate when I get these two motors torn down. One of the engines probably only has a few hundred hours on it.....the other many more hours, like 10 more years of hours..LOL

if your using moose be careful when you read description. i was getting ready to buy a moose set on ebay then saw it didnt include the water pump seal. heres the seal kit i used http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ENGINE-OIL-SEALS-YAMAHA-BANSHEE-YFZ350-1987-2006-K-S_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem4ce8901c34QQitemZ330319273012QQptZMotorsQ5fATVQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories