paint case and cylinders

BOOZER2009

Has anyone spray painted the case and cylinders? If so, did it hold up?

Secondly, my rear axle needs some clean up. I am currently powdercoating the fram and misc. parts but I read not to do the rear axle. should I wire brush it and spray paint clear coat?? not sure what to do to get it lookin clean. help

ive painted my case and jugs and it looks sweet ass hell and it holds up really good as long as u prep it really good b4 u paint it it will turn out awsome i used the 2 stage paint by dupla color the anadizied blue is what i used but they got it in red blue green gold it looks good

Edited by 01strokedshee

i painted my cases and cylinders using Dupont chromabase 2 stage automotive paint, and quite frankly very dissapointed with how well it has held up. i used primer recomended by the paint store intended for aluminum, and i have several areas that have lifted. I am actually pulling motor apart now to powder coat the cases and cylinders.

After I made sure the jug's were prep'd extremely well, I used a high temp duplicolor primer(3 light coats), then I used a duplicolor high temp heat paint(4 light coats), I then used a duplicolor high temp clear(2 medium coats). It came out looking very nice and has held up perfect for an entire summer of hard riding so far. Prep work is the most important part, and light coats and a 20-30 minute set time between light coats is key also. Hope this helped.

After I made sure the jug's were prep'd extremely well, I used a high temp duplicolor primer(3 light coats), then I used a duplicolor high temp heat paint(4 light coats), I then used a duplicolor high temp clear(2 medium coats). It came out looking very nice and has held up perfect for an entire summer of hard riding so far. Prep work is the most important part, and light coats and a 20-30 minute set time between light coats is key also. Hope this helped.

Cool bro. Thanks. That tells me what I need to know.

If you want it to hold up,you have to strip the cases..if your going to strip the cases,you might as well just polish them.Its a ton of work and it will take some time and patience,but you will never regret it after its done.

You might say..Im never doing that again,but when you look at the engine,you will be glad you did it.

If you want it to hold up,you have to strip the cases..if your going to strip the cases,you might as well just polish them.Its a ton of work and it will take some time and patience,but you will never regret it after its done.

You might say..Im never doing that again,but when you look at the engine,you will be glad you did it.

yeahI know the polish would look killer. I'm replacing repalcing top end and wanted to clean it up a bit without cracking the ottem case open.