rajaa11

Hello all, I would like to put a air box on my bike with a K&N air

filter and outta wears with NO lid, I recently moved from Florida

to Philly and its to wet were I ride for no air box. Bike was

purchase in Florida with no air box, so I would like to know what I

will LOSE and a idea where to start with my jetting. Right now I'm

running dual 28mm Mikuni carbs with Tors boxes removed, K&N Pod

filters(No air box)with outta wears. Pilot are 27.5 and mains are

350 with needle clip on 3rd slot and 1.5 turn on air/fuel screw.

Bike is bored out to .40 over with standard stroke. V-force 3's

carbon fiber reeds and adjustable timing plate set at +4, Trinity

stage 4 head with 21cc domes running pump gas 93 at 40:1 and T5

pipes and silencers.

Thanks

Edited by rajaa11

well, are they stock 26's, bored out stock carbs, or 28's? you would usually just go down 1 size on the main, if any. get it pinned wot, mid-high rpm range, and see what it does. if it starts to sputter, then go down in size untill it can hang up at wot no sputter, then do a plug chop. you shouldn't loose power going to the box. can you snap a pic of the carbs?,,,oh and some of that sexy bitch of a bike

well, are they stock 26's, bored out stock carbs, or 28's? you would usually just go down 1 size on the main, if any. get it pinned wot, mid-high rpm range, and see what it does. if it starts to sputter, then go down in size untill it can hang up at wot no sputter, then do a plug chop. you shouldn't loose power going to the box. can you snap a pic of the carbs?,,,oh and some of that sexy bitch of a bike

Well My carbs are from a RZ350 that come with 28's standard

Carb2.jpg

I think it has a MX port job, Not sure

IMG_0153.jpg

that doesn't nescicarily mean that they are 28's...unless they are bored that size all the way through......i measured 3 different stockers and they are all around 28mm..(1.105")

1259732300.jpg

1259736216.jpg

you cansee what the fully bored carbs look like to the slide......those in the background are aftermarket bored, so they are shinier....

that doesn't nescicarily mean that they are 28's...unless they are bored that size all the way through......i measured 3 different stockers and they are all around 28mm..(1.105")

1259732300.jpg

1259736216.jpg

you cansee what the fully bored carbs look like to the slide......those in the background are aftermarket bored, so they are shinier....

you learn something new everyday, so if I put 300 in the main and leave the 27.5 pilots in I should lose no top end?

well, i am not saying definately that they are not 28's....like i said, you have to measure what it's at @ the bore near the slide. if it reduces there like the stockers do, then it's not 28's, but if it stays that diameter strait through, then it's 28mm....i'll get you the pic if what i'm talking about. those carbs behind the caliper are my 28's that have been bored out to a little more than 29, but you can see how it stays constant bore all the way through..........what jets are in there now. also, what were the temps and elevations where it was before and where you ride now? it is much easier to adjust to the new conditions with a good base, rather than guestimating on the setup as usuall.