Ventura Raceway, Ca Will host 6 Races this year!

someone82

My local and famed Ventura Raceway ("best little dirt track in america") will have 6 quad Flat Track races this year. I ran the one show they had in september with my 700r this year and it was a blast running the famed 1/5 mile banks. If anyone local wants to give it a shot I highly recommend coming out next year. The only thing is you don't run the full oval, they are planning to have a road coarse as part of the track (same as the show I ran in sept). Kinda like TT but with out the jumps, but you still run all the big turns and the front strech on the main track.

Once the dates get released I will post them here.

I would love to have some more 2 strokes out there as I only know of one other rider besides myself that will be on one.

That sounds like a good time, do you have any pictures from last year?

No I don't have any pictures from the last race. I've been trying to hunt down who the photography that was there last time.

Class "C" traction only or nobbies? Whats the surface Clay? Gime the dates, I should be able to make it one race at least. They have a pro or money class?

Well it's hard to state what the rulling will be since this will the be the first year quads will be back to run a season since the '80s.

The last race we ran was during one of ventura's big flat track shows, so you ran on de-comp on the big track and dirt/clay on the road course. Ventura's normal track surface is a dirt/clay mixture, it doesn't hold up and usally goes dry slick, even when sprint car's arn't running in reacent years.

I will assume it's going to be an open class since 4 of the race dates are going during the full flat track shows (speedway, mx, pit bikes, you name it! - all amature classes) and 2 of the races are going to be combind with sprint car shows. At the last show everything from full blown flat track quads to stockers ran and I know that's what the track promotor is going for so bring your hoosiers or turf tamers your choice :D

I'll keep you updated on the dates as soon as they are released, which will probably not be till next feb after the 2010 season meeting.

No I don't have any pictures from the last race. I've been trying to hunt down who the photography that was there last time.

Well it's hard to state what the rulling will be since this will the be the first year quads will be back to run a season since the '80s.

The last race we ran was during one of ventura's big flat track shows, so you ran on de-comp on the big track and dirt/clay on the road course. Ventura's normal track surface is a dirt/clay mixture, it doesn't hold up and usally goes dry slick, even when sprint car's arn't running in reacent years.

I will assume it's going to be an open class since 4 of the race dates are going during the full flat track shows (speedway, mx, pit bikes, you name it! - all amature classes) and 2 of the races are going to be combind with sprint car shows. At the last show everything from full blown flat track quads to stockers ran and I know that's what the track promotor is going for so bring your hoosiers or turf tamers your choice :D

I'll keep you updated on the dates as soon as they are released, which will probably not be till next feb after the 2010 season meeting.

Its at the fairgrounds right? How do you sign up for it?

Its at the fairgrounds right? How do you sign up for it?

Yeah it's at the fairgrounds. I don't know how the sign up procedure is going to be done. I would assume they might make this a points type series and if so you would have to become a VRA (ventura Racing Association) Member for the 2010 season. If they are doing it as just exibition racing there will be a pre-registration form setup probably a month in advance before the actual races.

I will keep everybody updated as the news, rules, sign-ups, pay-outs, etc are released.

Probably not much information will not be made public until the 2010 VRA season meeting which will be held in february.

I just know that currently there will be 6 races; 4 during ventura's flat track shows and 2 during the regular sprint car shows.

The more the riders we can get, the greater the chance of there being more then just 6 races!

Edited by someone82

• 2 months later...

The schedule is up, I dont see quads listed? They running them??

Well they are running them but now there will only be three shows. I guess some of the parents' of the kids classes threw hissy fits over the fact that road course would tear up the kids in-feild track so It seems the quad races are going to be restricted to the flat track shows alone on the following dates: April 24th, June 12th, and September 4th. Hopefully that doesn't change too.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Get them to do a money or "Pro" class and ill head down there. Ill make it there eventually. I was talking to a guy that raced there last year said yall had a decent turnout for just starting up, just not too many fast guys, But that will come in time. I would need a payout to cover some of the costs.

Get them to do a money or "Pro" class and ill head down there. Ill make it there eventually. I was talking to a guy that raced there last year said yall had a decent turnout for just starting up, just not too many fast guys, But that will come in time. I would need a payout to cover some of the costs.

There is payout for the top 3 finishers in the main, I forget what it is tho, I'll have to look into it.

On a side note, who were you talking to about it?

Edited by someone82

Yes please let me know. He told me he won and there wasnt a payout. Soo i dont know.

David Wilmer or something like that number 8 on a yfz.

Eh you were right it's a Trophy class only, the flat track bikes get payout :P

David Knight maybe? I don't know if you know him but Mike Lewis should be out there and he is Fast. I know he has done allot of racing up north (trx250r w/raptor plastics, esr motor etc... etc..)

There isnt anyone on a 2 stroke around here thats raced consistently thats fast. With the compition there is up here there hasnt been anyone that just shows up to a race and can win because The gearing, tire's, pressure, swaybar setups are all too critical and we all got them set perfectly for our tracks. Convince them to get a payout and ill make the drive for sure.