Jetting help, PLEASE

333bbb333

I need to know what the jetting would be for a stock motor with toomey T-6 pipes and 28 flat slide carbs with no airbox at sea level should be. I cant find the jetting list or chart everyone keeps referring to, just the conversion chart, but it will not show up on my computer for some reason. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I finaly got spark and now the only thing left should be the fuel issue im having, the thing will not even attempt to fire and its getting spark.

i'm assuming you just went up from stock carbs? what was in there before, and what mods?

Rebuilt, new crank and top end both stock, and new intake with built in crossover, and new 28mm mikuni flat slide carbs with a 280 main and stock pilot with the needle clip in the 3rd ring up from bottom out of 6, not sure what size pilot is. I also have the airbox off and using two can filters. The only other thing different than stock is a set of toomey T-6 pipes and new carbon reeds.

Ill explain my problem to and see if it helps or if you can offer some insight. She fires over 1st second kick with the chokes on (Well at least I think they are on, its a lever choke, but I assume they are on because the levers are down and the plungers are pulled up or out like if you where pulling the choke out on a normal carb choke). But she will not turn over with them off and when she starts she sounds good but only for a second or two, then she cuts off. Once I let her sit for a couple seconds she will fire right up again for a few seconds, and it keeps going like that. The fuel lines are clear and flowing but they are a bit loose where they go into the carbs, I noticed them leaking gas there tonight when I was trying to get her going. Could this be causing the carbs to loose suction and not draw in the fuel properly? Or this sound like a jetting issue?

well, it sounds like you have an issue in the pilot circuit or other fuel delivery. the fuel lines shouldn't suck air in right there, if it was too loose, it would leak fuel. where do you have your airscrews set? you may have to clean your carbs out and check the float setting. figure out which pilots are in there. what do your plugs look like when it stalls out?

well, it sounds like you have an issue in the pilot circuit or other fuel delivery. the fuel lines shouldn't suck air in right there, if it was too loose, it would leak fuel. where do you have your airscrews set? you may have to clean your carbs out and check the float setting. figure out which pilots are in there. what do your plugs look like when it stalls out?

Ya it started to leak fuel thats how I realized they were loose. I just cleaned the carbs but did not see a size on the pilote, I might have just overlooked it though, I will be pulling them again tomorrow though. The right plug had a little oil on it but not soaked, other than that both plugs didnt have enough run time on them to really show much, it literally runs for 2 to 3 seconds, if you keep trying it starts running less and less, but if it sits for 30 sec to a min. it fires up easier again.

you need to check what pilot and airjet are in there....if it has loaded up with fuel, it may be sitting in the pipes, causing blockage....and make sure the float arm is adjusted, and get some spring clamps for your fuel line

Thanks I got the pilot out it was a 15, I am def getting a 27.5 or 30 pilot and 340 main, but what or where is the air jet?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Everyone for the help, I finally got her to come back to life, I still got some bog when I try to open her up, but thats just dialing in everything, at least she is starting on first kick and idles good. Just to get some feed back she seems to rev fine when in neutral and sitting but when in gear and trying to move it seems to have a little bog, I do hear a squeaking sound after I rev her up and she comes back down to idle, it only happens when it gets down to its low speed and only for a second, could the clutch or flywheel be causing the bog or it sound like I just need to dial in the carbs a bit more?

if the mains are dialed in right, then start playing with the needles. i ran into the same problem with the needles that came with my 30's. way too thick top to bottom. even all the way rich, i had to keep it either of the throttle, or 1/3 throttle+