where to get jets? ethonal related

vtekthis

looking for where to begin with the change over to E85. i have been recommended a 420 main and a 40 pilot, in hopes this will be a rich start to my quest for a well running alternative fuel bike.

bike has typical mods, pipes, timing advance.... everything else is stock. motor carbs ect.

currently bikes runs great with Q16 (127 octane oxegenated fuel from my race cars)

where is the best place to get a few main/pilot jets of assorted sizes? anyone have any experience with E85 and OEM carbs?

any input is appreciated!

thanks

Is there a reason on why your running Q16? Unless its just sitn around the house. Are you running like 200psi and a shit load of timing? As for jets..you will have to drill your own. There are some post around here all about E85 and how people like it and dont like it. I figure if i cant run 100ll then i need to make the bike into a drag. And from what I have read is that you will be drillin out the carbs as well. changing to a dual feed petcock. Your almost better off trying to find some used 30-33mm alcohol carbs and do a rebuild on them.

Is there a reason on why your running Q16? Unless its just sitn around the house. Are you running like 200psi and a shit load of timing? As for jets..you will have to drill your own. There are some post around here all about E85 and how people like it and dont like it. I figure if i cant run 100ll then i need to make the bike into a drag. And from what I have read is that you will be drillin out the carbs as well. changing to a dual feed petcock. Your almost better off trying to find some used 30-33mm alcohol carbs and do a rebuild on them.

yes Q16 is left over from this race season, and will sit all winter if i dont burn it somehow... i guess its better than burning it on the floor....

timing is pushed a little, other than that and pipes, the bike is stock.

i spoke with vitos today, and got my hands on a set of 400/490/500 mains from a snowmobile. also got a set of 40 and 45 pilots, i dont think ethonal is as radical as many think it is, but i will see soon.

Edited by vtekthis

e85 is different and similar to alky. you will need to use an alky specific mix oil like klots supertechniplate or 927 those are some of the only oils that will mix with alcohol based fuels with that high of a mixture you will need the correct oil..

e85 also is not as rich needed as alky you should be able to get it jeted in with gas carbs and std jets. i havent tried it yet but on injected bikes because it is much easier to do an e85 wiht injection than a carb i couldnt get my alky lectrons lean enough to run it in one of my race bikes..

if you have extra race fuel lying around you probably be better off running that.. you can cut the fuel down by mixing it half and half with pump gas if you wanted..

e85 is different and similar to alky. you will need to use an alky specific mix oil like klots supertechniplate or 927 those are some of the only oils that will mix with alcohol based fuels with that high of a mixture you will need the correct oil..

e85 also is not as rich needed as alky you should be able to get it jeted in with gas carbs and std jets. i havent tried it yet but on injected bikes because it is much easier to do an e85 wiht injection than a carb i couldnt get my alky lectrons lean enough to run it in one of my race bikes..

if you have extra race fuel lying around you probably be better off running that.. you can cut the fuel down by mixing it half and half with pump gas if you wanted..

thanks for the info, now that we have that info, what premix do you guys recomend we start at with the eth? are we still using 32/1 oil premix?

what are some of the other oils out there that will be good for alcohol premix?