Thinkin I might have an air leak?

I havent done a leak down test yet. I just rebuilt the top end because it only had about 85 psi and it was factory since 2002.

Mods Are:

Toomey t5's

K&N pods

TORS removal kit

Jetting

Stock carbs

290 mains

i beleive 28 pilots? it has a square type thing and then 2.8?

Needle is on third clip from the top

My elevation is around 1100-1200 ft and air temp here right now is in the 60-70's

Air screw is at 1 1/2 turns

This is what the bike is doing. i havent done a leak down yet because i havent had time to go to home depot and buy the things ill need for it. I just rebuilt the top end last night. My problem is the bike idles but when i put it in gear it bogs down and dies. when i pull the choke it it seems to run fine. i checked the choke tube to both carbs and its connected with no holes or cracks. So it seems like im getting to much fuel and its bogging down and dieing. I just took the bike to emissions and it passed so i could make it street legal. they only do an idle test here for 2 stroke engines. Does anyone have any suggestions? I need some help as im leaving in a few hours for the dunes. I cant do a plug shop because i cant get it to move so thats out of it too lol. Thanks Guys

Anyone? i took the carbs apart and made sure float level was set right also. The needles were from a rebuild kit i bought and they were different number then the silver other ones that are in there so i put the silver ones back in and have them set at the third clip from the top. This seemed to help a lot and now it doesnt bog down but up to a quater throttle it feels like the left side isnt firing but after 1/4 throttle it kicks in. i checked sync on them and the slides are moving at the exact same time but im confused about the window adjustment and how to adjust from there. can ANYONE help me out?

You just rebuilt the motor, you should try to get a few heat cycles on it before you go messing with the jetting. Do a few heat cycles before you try to put into gear.

Re-torque all your top end nuts.

Your pilot jets should be either the stock 25, 27.5 or 30, I would recommend the stock 25 size.

The main jets have a small brass washer underneath um, make sure the washers are there.

Replace those two spark plugs with two new NGK b8es plugs and gap em between .028 and .031.

Double check the connector tube is on both carbs.

Your jetting specs should be close right where they are, they shouldn't be the cause of your problem.

Synchin' the carbs is prolly not your problem either. Each carb slide has a small indentation on the side of the slide. When you raise the slides up via the throttle, the slides & little indentations will rise and the idea is to have both slide indentations appear at the same time in the little glass sight windows on the carb bodies.

Think about anything else that you changed during this top end rebuild. For example, did you just now remove the TORS or where they removed before your rebuild ? Did it idle before the rebuild ? How was your jetting before the rebuild ? Did you mess with anything electrical on the quad ? Did you get a bore & hone job for this new top end ? Stock stator, stock timing ? Clean airfilters ? Good, relatively fresh gas ?

You just rebuilt the motor, you should try to get a few heat cycles on it before you go messing with the jetting. Do a few heat cycles before you try to put into gear.

Re-torque all your top end nuts.

Your pilot jets should be either the stock 25, 27.5 or 30, I would recommend the stock 25 size.

The main jets have a small brass washer underneath um, make sure the washers are there.

Replace those two spark plugs with two new NGK b8es plugs and gap em between .028 and .031.

Double check the connector tube is on both carbs.

Your jetting specs should be close right where they are, they shouldn't be the cause of your problem.

Synchin' the carbs is prolly not your problem either. Each carb slide has a small indentation on the side of the slide. When you raise the slides up via the throttle, the slides & little indentations will rise and the idea is to have both slide indentations appear at the same time in the little glass sight windows on the carb bodies.

Think about anything else that you changed during this top end rebuild. For example, did you just now remove the TORS or where they removed before your rebuild ? Did it idle before the rebuild ? How was your jetting before the rebuild ? Did you mess with anything electrical on the quad ? Did you get a bore & hone job for this new top end ? Stock stator, stock timing ? Clean airfilters ? Good, relatively fresh gas ?

Brass washers are there, its on its third heat cycle right now, and i just checked torque on all the bolts. The plugs i have are the normal br8es, are you recomending i go with a non resistor plug? i doubled checked connector and crossover tubes and there good.

I removed the tors system before the top end rebuild. It did idle before the rebuild, and jetting was the same. I had my local banshee shop here bore and hone the cylinders. The stator and timing are stock. Air filters are brand new. Gas is maybe a week old if that.

Last night i took the plugs out and they are about a dark chocolate color.