A guide to what parts fit what years Banshee

Minkia38

I am working on a complete Banshee parts list, of what will fit other ATVs, as well as what years have interchangable parts

If you would like to help, please feel free to post here, and I will confirm, and update the master list in this original post

Frame:

J-arm: 1987-1990

A-arm: 1991-2006

CDI Box:

2GU-50/2GU-51: 1987-1994

3GG-00: 1995-1996

3GG-10: 1997-2006

Wiring harness:

round style: 1987-1994

square style with gray CDI plug: 1995-1996

square style w/ clear CDI plug: 1997-2006

On/Off handlebar lightswitch:

round style: 1987-1994

small square style: (with sharp corners) 1995-2001

large square style: (with rounded corners) 2002 - 2006

*each wiring harness style is also specific for headlights, on/off light switch, key switch,

*coil will fit any year

*taillight will fit any year

Stator:

round style - 1987-1994

square style - 1995-2006

Rims/Wheel:

Rear 4/115 bolt pattern - 1987-1988 & 1991-2006 - Banshee, Warrior, Raptor, YFZ450

Rear 4/156 bolt pattern - 1989 - 1990

Front: 4/156 bolt pattern - 1987-2006 Banshee, Warrior, YFZ450, Raptor

Rear Sprocket:

1987-1990 - 4 finger style hub

1991-2006 - 6 finger style hub

The wire harnesses break between 01 and 02 because in 02 they added the brakelight and the corresponding switches and wires. While all tailight will fit all years they are different between 87-01 and 02 and newer because of the brakelight. Also , the front brake calipers changed between 89 and 90, the old ones the rubber hose screws directly into the caliper and the 90 and newer attach with a banjo bolt. Because of the different calipers, the spindles are different also, the way the inner shield attaches is different- the older ones use a bracket and the newer ones attach directly to the spindle with two bolts. Other wise things look pretty accurate.

• 2 months later...

handle bar clutch perches were different from 99 on i believe? for the use of the parking brake override thats also why the newer cdi's are different they have the extra plug in for the P brake override.

ALL stators will work on all years banshee IF you switch the plugs,.

most all CDI's will work on all years banshee IF you switch the plugs, BUT on the newer ones if you dont mind loosing the p brake override.

the older style front brakes were also much larger and with a set of braded lines will work very well in tt aplications. but if overrheated can warp front rotors easier due to the size.

the flywheels on the newer ones 99 UP i beleive are differnt and have stronger magnets in them to help with the headlights dimming at idle. i'm not sure what the break in numbers are?

the taillight will fit on all years with or with out the brake light i have one of the bigger ones on my 87 just hooked up the running light instead of the break light...

all DYNA ignition will work on all bikes IF you dont mind switching the plugs BUT the newest years also use the p brake activation for the built in stutter that accesable through the programing add on.

The clutch perch actually changed in 97 when they added the park brake rev limiter. Also I thought the purpose of this thread was what parts would fit what years WITHOUT modifying them. Almost all parts will fit all years of Banshees if you are willing to modify them or change something else.

• 1 month later...