jetting question..

PA-rider

what jets are you guys with sb cpi in frames with stock carbs?. well my banshee is running rich on idle/low end. and i pulled the carb and i am running a 25 pilot and a 270 main?. when its warm it takes like 3 kicks to get er fired up.it runs awesome when i clear it out and pulls hard in the powerband. i am 80ft above sea level, drag port, cpi in frames,cool head, 155 psi comp, boysen reeds. and i pulled the plugs and they were nice and wet..

I think your way off !With a drag port /cpi pipes You should be in the upper 300s 30 pilot and aftermarket needles.I ran a drag ported stock cylinder bike stock carbs,shearers with a 420main 30pilot and vitos red needles with a perfect plug chop for the 1/4,you can go leaner short distances

I think your way off !With a drag port /cpi pipes You should be in the upper 300s 30 pilot and aftermarket needles.I ran a drag ported stock cylinder bike stock carbs,shearers with a 420main 30pilot and vitos red needles with a perfect plug chop for the 1/4,you can go leaner short distances

yea thats what i figured but it runs awesome when i clean out the bottom end and rev it out in the powerband. i may try some 350 mains or some thing see how it runs. cause my buddy has a mx port job stock carbs with t5s and he runs 290mains and 30pilots and mine still drinks more gas then his?. could my carbs be bored out??.

i dont drag my bike i just trail ride mine lol...

Edited by PA-rider

• 3 weeks later...

well, 2 things---- the stator could have been on it's way out already, giving you weak spark, which messes with your jetting, and can make you chase your tail. stators don't just go out from getting wet, but getting them wet can start, or extenuate a failure. 2nd, your float/ float needles can be loading up the fuel delivery, and make you think it's jetted rich....you know something's wrong when a 25 pilot is too big.

well, 2 things---- the stator could have been on it's way out already, giving you weak spark, which messes with your jetting, and can make you chase your tail. stators don't just go out from getting wet, but getting them wet can start, or extenuate a failure. 2nd, your float/ float needles can be loading up the fuel delivery, and make you think it's jetted rich....you know something's wrong when a 25 pilot is too big.

ill have to re jet it and what knot after i rebuild it. i am thinking of doing a winter rebuild fresh bore etc. as for the stator it had great nice blue spark the last time i checked it. and i took it out for a night ride the one day and it ran great for about 30mins. and it started to bog right off idle so i popped new plugs in and too her for a rip it was good then the bog came back and it started to pop and miss on the one cylinder, then it just shut down and would only fire if i bump started it. so i am gonna guess it was the stator cause i pulled the cover and poped the flywheel off and there was a nice coating of mudd on and in the flywheel and all over the stator. so i cleaned em off and still nothing but there was a bunch of surface rust on the pic up coil and around the stator so ill find out when i get my other stator... sorry for all that lol..