need help cheetah cub or full port

waraches

hey everyone i need help i just got back from dumont holloween had a good time but i was getting smoked and didnt like it

bike aint slow for the mods +4 timing,cpi inframes,ported cages stock reeds,and 13/43 sprockets, +4 swing arm.so now i dont

know what to do go cheetah cub cylinders or go full port wht will be faster for me and i do weight like 250 cheetah cub cylinders

im lookin at are 65mm

hey everyone i need help i just got back from dumont holloween had a good time but i was getting smoked and didnt like it

bike aint slow for the mods +4 timing,cpi inframes,ported cages stock reeds,and 13/43 sprockets, +4 swing arm.so now i dont

know what to do go cheetah cub cylinders or go full port wht will be faster for me and i do weight like 250 cheetah cub cylinders

im lookin at are 65mm

I was at dumont on holloween,I probably raced you. Definately cub,but it cost more.

im lookin at are 65mm

If your wanting drag style power the cub cant be beat dollar for dollar imo.It takes more then a $300 port job to make a set of stockers run with a out of box cub. I run a 65mm cub with a 4mill stroker ive ran a 68mm in the past as well I couldnt tell the difference. I never had either of mine on a dyno but Dan hull told me if there was any difference it would only be between 1-3hp. I weigh 220. I weighed 170 when I built it lol but it still gets er done.

Edited by RILS

were u racing tht yellow banshee because there wasnt to many yellow ones out there i probably did race u and got smoked cuz

everybody else was spankin me. how much more power will i gain from a full port and probably bore out my cylinders as well

A good drag port will run you around 550-1450 depending on who you go with and how much they do. Boring them will be about $100 bucks.So your at $650 minimum. A 350 cub out of the box will run 80s on gas set up right as will some real badass ported stockers. How much you will gain will depend alot on what your starting with. I had this conversation with a few people when I built mine and was told that to get a set of stockers to run with a out of box cub the porting would be as much or more then the cub. I would suggest calling some of the builders around here and explain to them what your wanting and see what they say the best option is. I have seen some cubs on ebay going pretty cheap lately. $600 is a fair price on a set of used cubs.

Edited by RILS

if you don't have to much money say around $700 or lil more u can get a port with rebuild it won't be as fast as a cub but it will be quick. If you have 1200 or more to spare i'd go cub its the most power for money from what i hear.

are you just wanting to drag race or what? how are you going to be riding your bike?

this will really determine what setup you want.

a good cub setup can be a real handfull and has a really violent lightswitch hit coming onto the powerband.

other things to think about, you will have down time going the ported route. different builders have different turn around times.

you wont have this with the cub cylinder. they are ready to go right out of the box. that is unless you

have whomever you get it from do additional porting or cleaning up the transfers and whatnot.

whichever option you go is only one piece of the puzzle.

you are also going to have to upgrade your clutch and intake/fuel delivery also to get all you can out of your new motor.

you already have come cpi's, timing plate and longer swingarm. that's a good start.

Bolt it on and shift never!Do it once do it rite,I have pulled apart four motors this year for tranny mods after fresh builds.Two frm this site,they dont shift well at all especially in drag situations.Buy the cub definitally but save until you can get some other goodies too, dont want too see you go through what they did.Good luck just trying help