need some help on different ridding options

qboronyrican

according to a article i was reading this is how it goes when it comes to air flow jetting(my question follows)

Air filter:

Remove snorkel:1-2 sizes larger on the mains, adjust airscrews

Remove airbox lid:1-2 sizes larger on the mains, adjust airscrews

Add foam air filter:0-2 sizes larger on the mains, adjust airscrews

Add K&N air filter:4-6 sizes larger on the mains, adjust airscrews, add one size on pilots if necessary

Add 2 into 1 Foam air filter OR dual carb-mounted foam filters (removing entire airbox, NOT in addition to removing snorkel and airbox lid above):2-4 sizes larger on mains, adjust airscrews, add one size on pilots if necessary

Add Dual K&N carb-mounted air filters (no airbox, NOT in addition to removing snorkel and airbox lid above):4-7 sizes larger on the mains, adjust airscrews, add one size on pilots if necessary

Add Outerwear:no change

Add TORS elimination kit:no change

Q.#1 now does this mean if i have a k&n air filter with the air box and no lid and no snorkel i need to be 6-10 sizes larger on the mains?

Q.#2 according to above adding dual foam pods with no airbox i will have to go up 2-4 on the mains and adding dual k&n pods with no airbox i have to go up 4-7 on the main...so this means the foams are more restrictive so would i be correct thinking they would allow less small dust-like particles as well in turn protecting my motor more?

hell with it ill just get to the main Q. i ride in two places and in two climates...one being at sea leave and the other being around 1500 above sea level give or take.....i want to set my shee up so when im ridding at sea level im good and when i go to 1500 above i can just remove or add something to make it good there as well without running too rich or lean in either place. my thinking is this.... if i run my shee with foam pods at the sea level spot and then when i go to the 1500 above spot switch to k&n pods.....will this even things out or will i be too lean....anyway this is what im tring to do along with another setup when theres a 20 degree temp drop. basicly want to compinsate for the altitude and weather change (without removing the carbs and rejeting all the time)by changing air flow, pre-mix ratio, or any other means....is this possable...please help me out

so if im running K&N pods in the 60 degree sea level spot and later in the year i ride there and its 40 degrees and i put my air box on will that compensate for the temp difference or do i need the lid as well or more like a different pre mix or is all that just not enough?

Edited by qboronyrican

so if im running K&N pods in the 60 degree sea level spot and later in the year i ride there and its 40 degrees and i put my air box on will that compensate for the temp difference or do i need the lid as well or more like a different pre mix or is all that just not enough?

well, actually, 60degree sea level should be about the same as 40degree @ 1500ft, since you would go up 1 size for 20-30 degree drop, but down 1 size for 1500ft. if you are going to run pods, and you have the tors removal kit, it's just as easy, if not easier to change out the jets, than installing the box. i was referring to running a box open, and installing the lid to richen it up. it's 1 clamp and 4 screws to pop the bowl off to get to the jet, and you can dump/wipe the sediment out while yo have the bowl off. what usually takes so long is the airbox boots and tors caps when jeetting. plus, you won't have to restrict flow to richen it up, which means more power :headbang:

i just run an open box because i always end up crossing a creek anywhere i ride