Been awhile, built a new Shee

Twistedtrik

Haven't been on here in awhile, but just finishing up (for now) my new Shee. I sold my 03 and bought an 01 with a K&T built motor. Sold the semi stocker for 2K and picked up the new bike for 1700.00. Good deal to me LOL. Anyways here is what it has. 69mm Blaster pistons, 4mm long rod, milled stock head, K&T aggressive dune port, CPI inframes, 36mm flatslides from Sudco, K&N pods, +6 timing, YZF1000 clutch w/ HD springs, Billet impeller etc. I just finished my poor mans swinger ( cut stocker lengthened 8 in. ) until I can get a round style carrier and finish my ladder style swinger. The bike came with 20" 10 paddle tripple buff extremes but I am thinking I need to go up in tire size. The 20" tire seems small and the bike revs out pretty quick. I haven't had it in a long enough stretch to see how it runs full out but will have it out the 22nd-25th of this month. I also have a set of 20" 8 paddle Extreme tripple buffs but they were off my old bike and worked well with it being near stock. So should I sell both sets and look for a set of 21" or so 9 or 10 paddles? Whatcha guys think?

Yeah the guy I bought it from got laid off, was tired of AZ and wanted to move back to N. Carolina. Had to pay a fine before he could leave. So I paid the 1700.00 for the fine after he signed the title and loaded it up in my truck. I kept the custom paint and CPI pipes off of my old bike and put the FMF's and stock plastics on it and sold it for 2K. I put a new top end in this one, wasn't a have to but a want to really. I couldn't pass up that deal.

i was wondering how your build was comin along. i remember you sayin on here and dc that you were goin with a drag banshee. looks/sounds like its turnin out pretty nice!! :clap:

you should sell both sets of tires and buy a set of 22" 9 or 10 paddle extremes on 8" wheels.

also, i know it might mess up the painted plastics a little, but cut rears would look killer on your bike!

I am going to put both sets up for sale. I will probably sell my 8 paddles right now and then my 10's after I find another set. I am pretty stoked to get it in the sand and see how it runs. I am going to have to do something about the rear shock. With the added leverage of the +8 it's pretty soft in the rear. I'll adjust my preload for now, but will have to change it around when I build my new swinger.

My new chain and clutch lever came yesterday (good by worthless parking brake LOL) also got my brake line (6" too short) I ordered it from Brandon at Wildcard Racing and it wasn't their fault. Their supplier fucked up and Brandon and Shay were right on top of it. They had the right one coming that day. Thanks guys, Wildcard has a customer for life. Now my carbs are giving me fits. Floats are way off, working on that now. I did a compression check and left side is 145, right side is 143. I don't think the head was milled. I should have more compression than that with a new top end etc. Time for a cool head I guess. 1st run is this week. Will be headed out to Hot Wells dunes Friday-Sunday.

That swing arm might hurt you a bit being so long a 4 is probably all you need and the paddles for a 8 over arm will need to be alot.

Nice bike i like the paint i trimmed some painted plastics a while back and put black door trim on the cut edge to keep the paint from peeling.

Any pics of the 74 in you're sig?

Edited by Yamahammer

That swing arm might hurt you a bit being so long a 4 is probably all you need and the paddles for a 8 over arm will need to be alot.

Nice bike i like the paint i trimmed some painted plastics a while back and put black door trim on the cut edge to keep the paint from peeling.

how will the longer swing arm hurt him? if his goal is to keep the front end down then i would say +8 would work better then a +4. i think a +4 would work if all he was doing was duning but im pretty sure he built this bike for the drags and i think the shorter swing arm would hurt him on his launches. my .02. :shrugani:

how will the longer swing arm hurt him? if his goal is to keep the front end down then i would say +8 would work better then a +4. i think a +4 would work if all he was doing was duning but im pretty sure he built this bike for the drags and i think the shorter swing arm would hurt him on his launches. my .02. :shrugani:

The swing arm worked great. I was still able to run it in the dunes a bit and the front end stays pretty well planted on launches.The big problem is on the 2nd day as we were headed back to camp I noticed my shifter had a lot of up and down play and neutral was a bitch to find. Made it back to camp and went to check the tranny oil for glitter or chunks and guess who forgot to put fluid in the tranny before we left? That would be me. I bought the shit and got busy with getting everything else ready. Shit slid under the seat of my truck and I spaced it. Oh well, lesson learned.

I have some pics somewhere on my computer. I will try and dig them up. The paint is taking a beating lately and is starting to peel and flake. Might be time for some stockers to cut up.