Jetting problem

Steves banshee

Ok i have FMF Gold Series SST pipes with FMF Powercore 2 SST silencers. I had em on for a while but havent had time to change the jets. Anyways i fired it up to hear how it sounded once and that was it, never rode it. So today i changed the jets to 260's i believe it said on em and it looked like it had 200's in it. Ok my problem is it wont idle and when i rev it it pops a little out the exhaust. ok also i dont know if this has anything to do with it but the plastic piece that the jet holds on to and the washer go behind that,the plastic piece wiggles a little bit like the hole is as big as the jet. Also i put it back together the same way i took it apart, but is it right that the washer goes behind the plastic white piece? or does it go behind the jet? It ran fine till i jetted it. I took it for a ride and it runs great under wide open throttle(but wont idle and rev it pops) i cant keep the wheels down in any gear. Thanks for the help in advance.

I forgot to check what position the needle clip was in.

Edited by Steves banshee

Ok now i am worried i see some other people with stock motor using 300+mains. Mine is a stock 87shee. booste bottle, K&N, the FMF pipes and thats it. 260's is what i recieved with the pipes when i bought em off a guy on this board. I know he lives close to me in michigan so im sure elevation is close to the same. I just dont want to burn up my motor. I have mixture screws 2 turns out. Should i adjust them since its got pipes and jets? thanks

Ok i have FMF Gold Series SST pipes with FMF Powercore 2 SST silencers. I had em on for a while but havent had time to change the jets. Anyways i fired it up to hear how it sounded once and that was it, never rode it. So today i changed the jets to 260's i believe it said on em and it looked like it had 200's in it. Ok my problem is it wont idle and when i rev it it pops a little out the exhaust. ok also i dont know if this has anything to do with it but the plastic piece that the jet holds on to and the washer go behind that,the plastic piece wiggles a little bit like the hole is as big as the jet. Also i put it back together the same way i took it apart, but is it right that the washer goes behind the plastic white piece? or does it go behind the jet? It ran fine till i jetted it. I took it for a ride and it runs great under wide open throttle(but wont idle and rev it pops) i cant keep the wheels down in any gear. Thanks for the help in advance.

I forgot to check what position the needle clip was in.

It idles great with the choke on, Then once i shut choke of it wont idle, you rev it, it bogs, i put my hand at right side tailpipe which would be the pass side on a car and i dont feel much exhaust coming out and thats the side it pops on. It was great before i jetted it, i dont get it. then when i took it for a ride after i jet it, it ran great but wouldnt idle. Are the washers supposed to go behind the plastic piece thats under the jet? or on the jet and on the bottom side of the plastic piece? I just put it back the way it came apart, i havent messed with Shee jetting before.

Ok i found the tube between carbs was disconnected(choke tube that connect to both carbs), it idles great, my mixture screws are at 2 turns. i didnt check the needle jet position. Whats should it be? Also is 260 mains ok for my setup? What about them other jets i hear people changing to 27.5's is that something i should get? Thanks for your help :D

Edited by Steves banshee

Do a plug chop to see if you're main jet size is close. There is a sticky at the top of the page the explains exactly how to do it.

I've got SST's on my bike and I think it is dialed in pretty good.... my mods and jetting are:

FMF SST

Pro Flow Air filter with Air Box Lid on

Main Jet: 290

Pilot Jet 25

Needle: 2nd clip from top

Air Screw: 1 3/4 turns out

Elevation: 2000ft