Air filter cage.

Okay guys, i have a problem. I bought a 1989 Banshee recently and popped the seat off to check the airfiler. The airfilter is the original one from 1989 lol. Its split and junk but that can easily be replaced. The real problem is on the cage the foam gasket is disolved. Now i was wondering if i bought an aftermarket air filter kit would it come with a new cage? Or is there anyway i can find a stock replacment cage or possibly a gasket? Its really pissing me off because i just bought it, greased everything up and ride it once then check the airfilter and realize that its done.

The stock air filter setup is crap, your going to want to get a pro flow adapter plate for the stock airbox, go ahead and remove the stock snorkel while your at it. The air filter that comes with the pro flow will have the "cage or whatever you call it" inside it. But the stock setup is crap, and if you dont ride in major mud you can take the lid off also and rejet your carb!

If you're going to do what papa_smurf suggest, I have that setup brand new. I installed it but never ran it because I got a foam filter with my pipes. Below is a link to what I bought. I'll let it go for $75 shipped USPS.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/K-N-Air-Filter-Intake-Kit-Yamaha-YFZ350-Banshee-87-06_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem518ca57179QQitemZ350252003705QQptZMotorsQ5fATVQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories